Emmerdale

Getting a bit bored now with Rhona and her drugs, also her ‘relationship’ with Vanessa. And as for Betty’s teeth - I just can’t get used to them. Frightened the life out of me tonight, swear they leapt out the screen at me. :smiley:

Never liked the Rhona character! Paddy seems to have become some sort of sad dimwit! I think their storyline is just a fill-in to stretch the episodes, shame I used to enjoy the Paddy / Marlon team. That thing with Betty & the plasterer was a bit odd! This whole murder thing could be made a lot more exciting, bit bland. At least the cops are more believable this time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Strange thing is, I can’t remember what her teeth looked like before…

Exactly. They weren’t that noticeable before.:smiley:

Whiter than white teeth look ridiculous !

Some of the problem with Emmerdale at the moment is the unsympathetic characters, I can’t care about Declan, Megan and poison dwarf, Katie, Chas, Debbie or Cameron, Rhonna or Vanessa, even Laurel is getting on my nerves at the moment and I used to love her character.

If they want the audience to watch they need to have characters we can engage with, bring in characters we can love or hate or better still love to hate - Nathan was a classic love to hate character and keep me fascinated.

I wonder if Betty has lost weight, which is why her teeth are more noticeable? Just guessing. I remember Richard Briers had the wrong teeth for his mouth later in his life. They were quite fascinating.

Agree with Julie. Getting fed up of most of the characters but I still watch the show avidly. I really wish Charley Webb (Debbie) would stop leaning her head to the right all the time! Either her hair is too heavy in its style, or she has a bad neck. Whatever, I keep wanting to shout out ‘straighten up!’

Re the police. Why are they always so cocky?

It’s not so much the whiteness Alan, it’s that they are bigger than a large horses teeth. :smiley:

Yes, now you mention it Jazzi, I remember you are right about Richard Briers too.

It’s funny how none of the vets seem to have much work all day either, they spend an awful lot of time in the Woolpack. Awful glad they are not my vets ! :smiley:

Oooh, another Emmerdale thread! :smiley:

That Betty Eagleton character does my head in, and those teeth look like they come from an old horse from the knacker’s yard! Fiersome. They’d look a lot better in Red Rum’s gob! :mrgreen:

Julie, who was Nathan? For the life of me I can’t bring him to mind, but the characters I detest the most are that Steve and Bernice. How utterly boring they are.

Question: Val and Diane are sisters so presumably they were brought up together, but Val has a strong Geordie accent, Diane’s is Scouse (Liverpool) and Bernice, daughter of Diane, has what sounds to me like an Essex accent, although I’m no expert on Southern dialects. Any thoughts? :slight_smile:

Here you go Nathan Wylde https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Wylde best love to hate character ever IMO

I used to like to hate Kim Tate, I loved the way she held the mirror to Frank’s mouth to see if he was breathing before she walked away. Another character that got away with murder.

Finally looked a bit more promising tonight with Cameron nearly pooing his pants at the body ID. :smiley:

Of course. Thanks Julie. I didn’t mind him really but he was as wooden in Emmerdale as he was in The Colbys. :smiley:

I really do hope he gets caught out for all three murders. I’ve never liked him from day one. :wink:

That was his father Nathan was the son he wasn’t in the colbys and hadn’t inherited his fathers wood like qualities, always felt like poetic justice he was planted in the woods at the end.

Me too, I can’t put my finger on what it is but he just irritates me immensely.

Leaving his wife and children for Debbie did it for me could never like him after that.

He’s a flipping good actor though, you can see him thinking, feel him panicking inside! Knocks spots of a lot of them on there!