Eco friendly pee stations in Paris

exactly - well spotted solo! - there’s always another side to the loo?

The whole of the UK. :slight_smile:

Flashers will be in their element then :shock:

This brought to mind something about doggy urinals or something like that. Many moons ago we were in Switzerland and if memory serves me correctly, they had dog urinals (areas) and I’m sure there was a tap too, presumably to wash it away. :smiley:

If I get around to it, I’ll try and find a photo of one we saw.

Perhaps if you stick a Euro in, you get a wash and polish too.

Dreaming again DingaLing?
:cool:

Just a thought to consider her…

Last month neighbouring France came up with a solution to its own street-peeing problem by installing so-called ‘uritrottoirs’ at the Gare de Lyon train station in Paris, which is often blighted by puddles of pee.

The innovative piss-pot, developed by Faltazi, an urban design firm in Nantes, features a bed of flowers or herbs over a urinal which is sat upon a box filled with eco-friendly wood chips or sawdust.

OK now see that bold bit about flowers…bees, wasp and creepy crawlies go on flowers and we all know that bees and wasp etc sting so is that such a good idea…Oh wait, it’s France so forget I mentioned it :wink:

We are all disgusted by this, but why? Our long ago ancestors used to pee & pooh on the ground, along with most other creatures who still do! :lol:

The only problem I can see is that there are no hand washing facilities. Of course, if the men using them work in the catering industry, they may not wash their hands ( got caught short on the way to work) before they prepare your sandwich for lunch… with an unexpected pee dressing! :044:

I wouldn’t be offended by it, but I would be tempted to offer the man a wet wipe for his hands!:mrgreen:

Mmmmmmmm :-p

I hadn’t considered the wasps. :shock::shock:

The problem with not washing your hands is that you then transfer bacteria to everything you touch.

https://www.initial.co.uk/blog/five-shocking-facts-hand-hygiene/

You may not think this sounds like a big deal but studies have found:

[LIST]
[]The average kitchen chopping board has around 200% more faecal bacteria on it than a toilet seat does
[
]Handbags can carry up to 10,000 bacteria per square inch and 30% of bags tested were found to have faecal bacteria on them
[]Smartphones can carry more than 30,000 bacteria units per swab
[
]The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet seat does
[]The average keyboard can also contain more bacteria than a toilet seat
[
]26,000 live bacteria can be found on the average banknote
[*]Touching a handrail on the underground brings you into contact with 5000 hands – many of which are unwashed
[/LIST]

:103:

Well in that case we should all be safe if they have only been for a pee! :005:

mmmmm … would you like to shake hands with a man who’s just shaken hands with John Thomas … :shock:

You may not think this sounds like a big deal but studies have found:
The average kitchen chopping board has around 200% more faecal bacteria on it than a toilet seat does
Handbags can carry up to 10,000 bacteria per square inch and 30% of bags tested were found to have faecal bacteria on them
Smartphones can carry more than 30,000 bacteria units per swab
The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet seat does
The average keyboard can also contain more bacteria than a toilet seat
26,000 live bacteria can be found on the average banknote
Touching a handrail on the underground brings you into contact with 5000 hands – many of which are unwashed

Obviously this is true but I really can’t remember catching anything too nasty from those, yet one visit to a Wetherspoons gave me the blazing sh^ts. :mrgreen:

Good point there Omah but…how do we ladies know now what or whom you have shaken hands with before you offer that hand to us !

Well I wouldn’t know , would I? Everything we touch is covered with bacteria, so maybe we shouldn’t be so obsessed with it & let our immune system deal with germs… in fact I am certain that every man I have shaken hands with hasn’t always washed his hands after using the loo… it is just that most don’t want to admit it! :lol:

We could ask them…“Have you shaken with John Thomas today” just to make sure :wink:

That’s 'cos they used the steak to wipe their backsides before putting on your plate :wink:

I used to know a John Thomas. :-p

:-D:-D:-D
Shouldn’t laugh but behind the scenes it’s probably true

I know. I had the chicken the next time. :-p