E-Book or Traditional Book?

What type of book do you prefer reading and why?

1 Like

Traditional for me. Nothing nicer than curling up on the sofa with a good book, a cat or two, big bowl of crisps - and large glass of red wine.

Just not the same with a kindle!

Both, for the larger selection. Ebooks because they are instant, and you don’t get foreign bodies inside the pages (urgh!!!). But agree, holding a book can be more convenient, especially when the iPad needs recharging.

Nothing I can add to this, agreeing all the way (except subbing the cat for the dog!) :023:

Real book for me as well. As Jazzi said you don’t need a charged iPad to read a real book. Plus I like the smell of new books.:slight_smile:

I get most of mine from the library and love being the first borrower! So new. So clean. So untouched. :lol:

Yes but what about the books :smiley:

The real thing for me and Mrs LD.

Obviously something form the Virgin store then;-):lol:

Traditional books for me. I can’t get comfy and snuggled down in bed with an e-reader.

Same here Tabs. :023:

I like a ‘proper’ book.
I always have a read when I’m in bed, just before I nod off.

Toilet read for me :smiley: Sorry to much information :blush:

Just a bit…! Imagine everyone who borrowed library books, did that.

I’m never going to the library again :shock:

I thought everyone did it. Only me then :smiley:

I don’t think you are the only one, Chilli…but maybe it could be a guy habit?

Yes Pixie I think you are right. It’s the only place we can get a bit of peace and quiet. :smiley:

Oooh! Cheeky! :smiley:

Traditional book
I can chuck it my my bag without damaging it,I can leave it lying around without it getting nicked and also when I’ve finished with it I can lend it on to someone else or give it to my local charity shop.

Just love to anticipate when I can get propped up in bed, small light on, toes curled under a light percale sheet, real book ready to tell me more of the story, bookmark tossed aside…
Kindle can’t take the place of a true page turner…at least, not without a swipe. :wink:

Good to see so many traditionalists here.
I prefer paperbacks to hardcover,I’ve always got one in my pocket.