Drones and dogs

Yesterday my very quiet collie when berserk barking while at the horse trials .
I couldn’t think what was the matter with him . Then another dog started too.i suddenly realise it was a drone flying overhears that made a slight but discernible noise . He doesn’t like the hiss of air balloons going over too .

It was probably my drone Muddy, I haven’t seen it for over a week now…
:flushed:

4 Likes

I might have known :slight_smile:

1 Like

My drone is safe and sound but my son’s dog does try to catch it.

There are a lot of people up here who have them, I often see them when we’re out on the beach or up river. The Hairy One doesn’t bother about them. I have a dog walking chum who uses one sometimes for ariel shots of Caithness, I enjoy watching her videos of my stomping ground. Ones like this, and it puts a whole different slant on where I thought I knew. :movie_camera: :camera:

4 Likes

Lovely part of the country. Can be a bit windy at times and it is a bit remote. Even more remote is North Uist in the Outer Hebridies. That’s where my relatives live and I think one of my cousins flies his drone there.

1 Like

Beautiful drone video @Rox. It prompted me to Google Caithness and I came across this lovely site:

1 Like

I wish my drone would produce beautiful movies like that one Rox.
Even more to the point…I wish I lived in an outstanding place like that…I’d never be indoors no matter what the weather.
Thanks for sharing …
:+1:

1 Like

What is the music to this beautiful video I feel I should know it but can’t remember from where ?

My dogs have never seen a drone, neither have I.

I don’t think they would take much notice if it was high up, but if it was flying low, or came near them, I think they’d be frightened.

1 Like

Mungo is very noise sensitive and even though the drone was quite high up and you could barely hear it he could .

I spent the early years of my life out on Mull, I remember the empty landscape and the beautiful beaches only too well.
Living here on the North Coast reminds me so much of it. One of the reasons I love it so much. (home, but not quite)

Sorry Muddy I don’t know what it is.

Thanks for that, I know every place those photos were taken. Most are on my doorstep :blush:

1 Like

Gosh how lucky to live in such a beautiful region :heart:

We had several horrible walks last year when a young man with a drone kept buzzing our blind labrador, my anger over took me I admit and my stick managed to knock it out of the air. Havent seen it since that day thankfully. Its made me dislike them greatly Id even support a ban in some areas.

2 Likes

@twister , BRAVO! BRAVO!!!
I 'd feel the same !! :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

While i was gardening, I heard a buzzing and thought a swarm of bees were round me when i looked up it was a Drone .
I thought there was rules about drones over houses .

What? Never? :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

There is if you have a camera on the drone. If there is no camera, then I think it can be allowed. Its not right of course, but there it is.