Donald Trump sues ex-British spy Christopher Steele over 'shocking' claims of 'perverted sexual acts'

The former US president is taking legal action against Orbis Business Intelligence, a London-based company co-founded by ex-British spy Christopher Steele, over a dossier containing rumours about him that caused a storm before his 2017 presidential inauguration. The “Steele Dossier” claimed Mr Trump engaged in sexual behaviour, giving Russia material with which to blackmail him.

Mr Trump is seeking damages from the firm for allegedly violating British data protection laws. Mr Trump’s lawyers said that the report was “egregiously inaccurate”. The 77-year-old, not present for the hearing at London’s High Court, said in a written witness statement the dossier contained “numerous false, phoney or made-up allegations” (1) and that he was suing Orbis to “prove, by evidence at trial, that the data are false” (2).

Mr Trump said he had not engaged in “perverted sexual behaviour including the hiring of prostitutes… in the presidential suite of a hotel in Moscow”, nor taken part in “sex parties” in St Petersburg or given Russian authorities “sufficient material to blackmail [him]”.

Orbis, however, argued that Mr Trump was bringing the claim to address his “longstanding grievances” against the company and Mr Steele. The company wants the lawsuit abandoned, saying the dossier was never meant to be made public and was published on the website Buzzfeed without Mr Steele’s or Orbis’s permission. Orbis’s counsel Antony White said Mr Trump has a “deep and intense animus” against Mr Steele and the firm and “a long history of repeatedly bringing frivolous, meritless and vexatious claims for the purpose of vexing and harassing perceived enemies and others against whom he bears a grudge”. (3)

Mr Trump had called for Mr Steele to be “extradited, tried, and thrown into jail” and has called him a “lowlife” and “sleazebag” involved in the “Russian collusion hoax” who produced “a total phoney con job” dossier, Mr White said in a court filing (4). Mr Trump said in his witness statement that he was not trying to harass or seek revenge or drive Orbis into financial ruin but wanted to establish that the information in the dossier was false. “Until there is such a judgment, I continue to suffer damage and distress as a result of people wrongfully believing that the data in the dossier is accurate,” (5) he said.

(1) the biter has been bit

(2) Trump’s evidence usually fails to materialise

(3) Trump’s habit of suing everybody is well-known and well-documented

(4) Trump’s habit of flinging coarse insults at his opponents is also well-known and well-documented

(5) the biter has been bit … and he doesn’t like it … :laughing:

Trump being involved in lawsuits is just “business as usual”, isn’t it? -
I read somewhere that, even before he became President, he had been involved in more than 4,000 lawsuits - that’s more than one lawsuit for every week of his life! - then there’s all the criminal and civil proceedings since he lost the last election to add on.

He’s always been litigious - and a hustler and grifter all his life, so I can’t see him changing now - what an unpleasant creature he is - I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him.

1 Like

Isn’t that the peeing on the bed dossier? If so, the jokes from that went on and on.

1 Like

I believe it is … but I don’t know much about it … :man_shrugging:

I can’t decide if you missed out or lucked out by not knowing this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The pee tape.

1 Like

Interesting … but I was hoping that Trump had been a participant rather than an observer … :047:

Most of the jokes I’ve heard seem to assume he was.

Remember, this was all coming out in the first part of his Presidency.