Donald Trump Says if Jesus ‘Came Down’ He’d Win the Blue States in Unhinged Iowa US Speech

Donald Trump was in Iowa on Saturday for two campaign stops, the first in Ankeny, followed by another in Cedar Rapids. And his obsession with the 2020 election continues to be a subject he seems to think is crucial as he campaigns to win the Republican presidential nomination, despite his position that he won being debunked time and again.

During his “Commit to Caucus” speech in Ankeny, Trump went over similar tropes he’s been touting throughout his campaign, calling media “fake news” and reiterating his false claim that the 2020 election was stolen when President Biden was rightfully declared president. “The one thing they don’t want to talk about is the [2020] election. They are guilty as hell, they cheated like hell,” Trump claimed, presumably of everyone who correctly recognized and validated the actual election results. “They know it, and you’ll never find out all the ways. But we don’t need all the ways because, you know, it was, I think 22,000 votes separated it, and we have millions and millions of votes. It’s a very sad thing.”

At the Cedar Rapids event that followed, Trump homed in on attacking “crooked” President Biden while continuing to harp on his unsubstantiated claim that the 2020 election was rigged and, even further, that Jesus and God would declare him a winner now. “I think if you had a real election and Jesus came down and God came down and said, ‘I’m gonna be the scorekeeper here,’ I think we’d win [in California], I think we’d win in Illinois, and I think we’d win in New York.”

He added that “when we go through courts … we want to redo the election — only from the standpoint we want that election, we want to look at it very carefully. We have so much information. There was so much corruption in that election.”

Was there ever such a gobshite in “modern” politics … :roll_eyes:

Trump out of character and showing some modesty.(I don’t think he actually meant it though)

1 Like

Is it me or is Trump becoming increasingly moronic - saying something and then repeating it several times with deep appreciation at how clever he is …?

Alrighty then. Now he’s speaking on behalf of God. Sad that there are any people who are buying this.

I remember early on in his Presidency, lots of people were saying that’s just his sense of humor. He knows what he’s saying and is just pushing the envelope. Somewhere along the way, I think he got lost in his own lies.

Either that, or those people only thought it was a joke when it wasn’t.

1 Like

Well, the Devil came down to Georgia!!

He has a hotline to Jesus ?

1 Like

Well, Phil Collins has so why not!

Who gives a shite anyway cos it’s never gonna happen.