Doing a dangerous thing

Not going to happen though, in my opinion. Nicola Sturgeon can try, and she will, but it won’t be successful… :017:

1 Like

London deserves independence. North of Watford is costing us a fortune.

That’s a shame.

Haha! This is so funny! :roll_eyes:

It’ll be like N.I if we get it.

Yes, we are bleeding you dry. Cut us adrift before it’s too late. Save yourselves. :grimacing:

Now Pixie.
I should remind you that I drink Laphroaig every evening, so don’t think for a minute that I dislike the Scotch.

2 Likes

Oh your love of the Scotch is well known :joy:

Oh dear! You missed it!
Everybody knows that you don’t refer to Scottish people as ‘Scotch’!

1 Like

So you haven’t had any tonight then? I just wondered if you required some clarification of Scots, and Scotch. People and drink…drink and people…drunk people.

Now I say that, there isn’t really much difference at all :joy:

Still not getting in though. :018:

Exactly the point I was trying to make.
A lot of people call Scottish people (or Scots) Scotch!

Scots is most often used to refer to the dialect of English found in Scotland (although, once again, some feel that it instead is a Germanic language which is related to, but distinct from, English).

Scotch is generally used in compounds (such as Scotch pine or Scotch whisky), and set phrases.

Scottish is the preferred adjective; in cases where you are referring to the literature, character, or ancestry of the people of Scotland, it is generally correct to describe them as Scottish.

If you still would like a short mnemonic to aid you in understanding the difference between these words you can use the following: If you do not speak Scots, you may ask your Scottish host for a drink of Scotch whisky.

(copied & pasted from Merriam Webster)

2 Likes

Whisky smells rather like squashed bed bugs. To me there’s always that odour behind other smells different whisky’s have.

That’ll be the wooden cask smell, perhaps? Sitting in a wooden barrel for 10 or 20 years would make it a vile odour.

I’m curious as to how you know what squashed bed bugs smell like. :thinking: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

On the other hand it tastes nice, although I really don’t like the ordinary blends.

He eats them.

Add all that up realspeed and it doesn’t come close to money we devote to the Ukraine war effort… :009:

If Scotland is such a drain on England then why does Westminster hold on to our County so tightly. What are they afraid of?

Because most of us love you Rox, and we are grateful to have had Scotland in our corner over the years…

2 Likes

Thanks for the giggle Foxy. But there are other reasons they don’t want to let go, things that are not in their interests, otherwise they would have cheerfully waved us goodbye in 2014.

PS, I think Scotland would still be in your corner. Better as good friends and neighbours, not as Overseer.

1 Like