Doing a dangerous thing

I was doing just that about Scottish independence. If Scotland went independent this surely would mean we would not be paying to have Scottish PP’s in the uk saving several thousand of pounds a year
we would not have to support the NHS in scotland they would have to fund their own health service saving millions £
they would have to fund their own education in its entirity saving us millions £
we would not have to support their travel ie trains road maintenance saving millions
we would not have to support the scottish police force saving millions of £

just some of the things that comes to my mind If Scotland went independent let alone border controls
question is could Scotland be totally independent? I don’t think so

1 Like

@realspeed ,. Wasnt the same argument used by the anti brexit brigade
RS? And what happened ?
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

I think the English should be offered a vote on Scottish independence too … I’d vote for them to leave asap!!

4 Likes

I don’t know what the economic implications would be for Scotland, or for the rest of the UK, if they gained their independence, and I don’t know what proportion of the Scots want it, but it doesn’t seem like an unreasonable thing to want. I don’t understand why there is so much hostility felt towards them for it. :017:

2 Likes

What are you doing to our beautiful “Kingdom by the Sea” as Paul Theroux once named it?
I left it intake in the 80’s – visited all parts of it in a 2000 holiday and now ya wanna split? Well I would suggest if that ever comes about you will all sink deeper and deeper into the surrounding seas whatever you call them all now and require rescuing by the EU?

Speedy … the Scottish government already pay for these services under the rules of devolution. I agree we would save shedloads of dosh if Scotland went independent but only because Westminster wouldn’t be shelling out money via the Barnett Formula.

2 Likes

Isn’t the UK small enough already without splitting it up into yet smaller and smaller pieces fgs??

Home Rule for Yorkshire - that is my vote!

4 Likes

Who’s feeling any hostile towards them. I’m all for Scottish independence. We could still visit the place, presumably, but not have to pay through the nose for it!

2 Likes

Don’t be silly.

Surely you have heard it said that size doesn’t matter!

1 Like

The feelings that are being expressed are strong, to say the least.

1 Like

Scottish independence would be really great provided it is 100% separation between England and Scotland, ideally with a very hard border in place. The proponents of Scottish independence should keep in mind that offshore oil and gas is NOT Scotland’s once outside the 12 mile limit.

Not you, no. Your name is not on the list. :018: Your connections with Scotland are hereby severed, unless…unless…you go to Holyrood, bend the knee to our First Minister, and call her by her proper name. :smiley:

Oh please :roll_eyes: How petty! What about fishing, are you going to try and organise that too? Because, good luck :smiley:

Good heavens! Our glorious leaders gave away all our fish to the EU years ago. In fact, I’m surprised that we have any left now.

1 Like

True, yes :frowning_face:

Not me but defo Westminster. Forget about North Sea oil and gas. Your waters extend just 12 miles from your coastline.

Not to be picky at all, but “yours” = ours. ALL of the UK. (Territorial Sea Act 1987, Section 49, Paragraph 1:1) :blush: And its Nautical miles. Incredibly pernickity, I know…but I want us to be very clear we are all in this together :smiley:

Not when you’re independent.