Doing a dangerous thing

If you look at the turnout figures JBR they might give you an answer. At the 2021 Scottish election the turnout was 63.5% and the 2014 referendum turnout was 84.6%. The referendum is taken far more seriously.

Does that suggest that the majority of Scots have given up?
If non-SNP candidates stand for election in Scotland, do people refuse to vote for them,
or are they afraid of doing so?

Voter apathy I suppose. In the 2019 UK election the turnout was slightly higher at 67.3%

And sharp as a knife, with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

It might not be in Scotland’s economic interest to leave the UK, just as it wasn’t in the UK’s economic interest to leave the EU, but all those who supported Brexit on the principle of not wanting to be dominated ba an outside authority should be fully able to understand that Scotland might feel the same about being dominated by one. Just a thought. :102:

1 Like

But the SNP want to be under the authority of the EU Harbal so it doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Perhaps they feel a partnership with the EU has advantages that a partnership with the UK doesn’t. :102:

1 Like

Well good luck to them then.
The EU is beginning to sink. If they really want to sink with it, that’s their choice.

On the other hand, I cannot see much of a future for the UK either.
Our leaders contintue to invite in ever more of the third world - illegally! - and they show no signs of reducing their numbers once here either. The chances are that once here, they will be given everything they hope for, at our expense, for ever.
The future of the UK is clear.

Yes — but why? What’s going on?

Regarding what? The UK or the EU?

The continuing welcoming of the rubber boat criminal invaders. It defies all logic.

1 Like

And a hard border with their biggest trading partner.
Export Statistics Scotland: 2019 - gov.scot)%20from%20%C2%A324.5%20billion.

You’re telling me.
I have no idea what advantage our glorious leaders see in continuing to allow all of these illegals to enter our country, and whenever they arrive to reward them with everything they ever hoped for.

Perhaps they have some logical reason, but I certainly can’t see it.

What do all politicians hope for? Personal benefit, I suspect. But what?

I am not making an argument for it, I’m just saying I can understand the possible reasons for it.

1 Like

Fair enough Harbal but I live up here and find it difficult to understand the reasoning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Too ruddy true Todge and nothing is frikkin done about the tight-pack daily incursions🤬

1 Like

I wonder whether our new PM will do something about this ongoing problem.

Funny, though, from the various surveys I have seen, suggesting which potential PM I would vote for and giving their own ideals and possible manifestos, I have not seen one which mentions dealing with the illegal cross-Channel immigration.
Are there no leaders who want to do something about it?

1 Like

Somebody, probably more than one person and with political connections, is making a shed load of money out of this. That’s the only explanation.

Certainly the traffickers are doing that. Perhaps some MPs are working with them or at least receiving ‘quiet money’.

I think it goes much deeper than just a bit of backhand bunce.

1 Like