Dog Mutilations

Apparently, it has become a modern social trend for some breeds of dogs to have the tops of their ears “trimmed” to make them look better. Who starts these trends, for christ’s sake. Unscrupulous money-making breeders, presumably? Leave dogs alone - they’re okay as they are and don’t need to be fashionable, just well looked after and loved for what they are.

Judd, I couldn’t agree more.
This disgusting practice is harmful, painful, unecessary, and ugly IMO.
It is often done without any anaesthetic even.

I believe it became illegal in the UK some time ago, as did tail docking, but evil people find a way round most things if they want.
I read a long time ago, that heavily pregnant bitches were sent abroad to whelp where these things are still acceptable practice. Then when the puppies are born, the mother and cropped babies are sent back to the breeder.

We need to ban all imports of cropped dogs, that would help stop this practice.
The only time it is allowed, to my knowledge, is if performed by a Vet for health reasons only.

There is more info here, if anyone is interested:

1 Like

Totally disgusting.

1 Like

That kind of sh*t makes me sick. Just because this is OK to you…

Doesn’t mean your dog wants to look like that too!!! WTF is wrong with people?

1 Like

The difference there to me, Danny is, that half-wit has decided to look like that.

The poor dogs have no say in it.

If only people refused to buy these animals, it would stop overnight!

3 Likes

That’s the truth the dog has more sense.

Poeple who mutilate animals should be publicly flogged!

2 Likes

. . . . . and then mutilated.

3 Likes

What people don’t realize is that all creatures evolved to look how they do over many years & it really helps them have an easier life. Many of their features evolved to help them not to be seen by predators, or their vision improved to help them catch food. Dogs need good hearing & I assume that the size of their ears helps them hear sounds better!
They are not a fashion statement, they are wonderful creatures that, just like us evolved to survive in the environment we live.
If they need shorter ears or no tail it will happen naturally over a few generations, just as Darwins theory of evolution taught us!
Look how many different creatures are now visiting the UK since it started to get warmer.
Why do some humans treat dogs like they are a fashion item rather than a living creature? :rage:

1 Like

Bring back the stocks and the pillories for use of the cat-o-nine-tails :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

There are some very sick people.

1 Like

The practice is going on round here. There’s a guy who does it and charges a pretty penny for it. Its disgusting and he has been reported hundreds of times, but there is never any (or enough) proof. I read that its done to make the dog have a more dominant aggressive profile, constantly alert. My dog loathes these types and barks constantly at them, whereas with spaniels etc, she just ignore them.

1 Like

I am just baffled by those that treat a dog, or indeed any animal, as a fashion accessory.

3 Likes

I’m not a dog person, but I cannot stand any sort of cruelty to animals and to do such things simply for ‘fashion’ is despicable.

If the matter is illegal in this country, then any animals found being sent abroad for such ‘treatment’ should be traced to their owners or breeders and appropriate legal action taken against them. Unfortunately, we are a very soft country when it comes to applying laws.

5 Likes

Absolutely vile, I hate the way some pet owners think their pets body is theirs to do what they like with. Declawing cats, illegal here is another example of mutilating an animal to suit it’s owners convenience

I hate too the way some breeds become fashionable, even though they create animals that will suffer because of their genes. Dalmatians, sausage dogs, drop ear cats ……

3 Likes

I usually avoid threads like this. It just upsets me! Savages…it’s animal abuse!

2 Likes

I must admit some dogs look odd to me because they haven’t had their tails docked. I am not saying it should be done but I have got used to it. (BTW it is illegal in Australia)

One on my sons has just got a a puppy of a breed that was formerly docked and i am still getting used to it having a long tail.

Thank God the practice of de-barking dogs is illegal in England too.

When you think about us humans, some are worse than savages, even without performing the ear and tail cropping.

They get a dog, then leave it for 8,10,12 hours a day.

Dump it in strange kennels every time they fancy a jolly.

Think it good to let their kids sit on its spine and have rides.

Then they have it’s testicles cut off, or have the bitch’s womb taken out.

And in some countries they can even still have them de-barked so their voice is taken away.

Why can’t these people just get a new toy, instead of a living, breathing, trusting creature?

Mind you, the breeders have a lot to answer for, for just taking the cash and not caring one jot about that pup’s future existence. :rage:

2 Likes

You have a good point about the breeders. But it is bottom the line it is owners who want pay for their for their exotic/ pets.

I supose it’s Staffordshire bulls who are getting bigger and beefier all the time who have their ears clipped . It is commonly done to pit bulls in America where civilisation s is still in its early stages .

2 Likes