Does your letter box fill up with junk mail?

Mark it Return To Sender and put it back in a post box.

1 Like

Sorry I can’t help .
However in the U.K. there’s the Mail Preference Service, to stop unwanted junk mail.
https://www.mpsonline.org.uk/consumer/register#

1 Like

I am going to write to each of the companies that have their unwanted flyers delivered to my post box.
See what response I receive.

Good Luck :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes we get junk mail, mostly Estate Agents, Farm Foods and Pure Cremations.

1 Like

Isn’t there already a junk mail thread?

Edit

I thought there was:

1 Like

I thought you put it all straight it the bin.

1 Like

I get very little actual mail…apart from bank statements and letters from the DWP but the occasional junk letter still arrives.
But I have loads of junk mail online…all those parcels waiting for delivery!

2 Likes

Straight from doormat to recycle bin.

1 Like

It is delivered so often that in 3 or 4 days time I will have an abundance of flyers to be able to write to the senders.

I actually get very little junk mail from Royal Mail, most of the junk comes from people that are employed to put advertising flyers through doors. usually local businesses , pizza and kebab joints etc, it goes directly in to the recycling, end of!

1 Like

Monday is junk mail where i live,it goes straight in the re-cycle bin.

So it is not straight in the bin as you said.

1 Like

Today’s junk went straight in the bin. Then I thought about the sheer waste and decided I need to do something.

Not exactly rational…

1 Like

:thinking: :man_shrugging:
We all need to take a stand.

Mostly it is ads for Medicare Health insurance. Also, once you give support to any organization, they bombard you with more literature, and of course include a quick form to donate again in amounts of $25-$400. This is for USO (my favorite), St. Jude’s Childrens Hospital, Shriners, Easter Seals, etc.
The one that only sends a request once a year is Heifer International. They don’t waste funding on the mailings. This is a wonderful organization!

2 Likes

We used to deliver junk mail.It’s good money and you get plenty of exercise.No junk mail signs were always nice to see,you still got paid whether you delivered it or not.We always had lots left over which went in our re-cycling bin.

1 Like

I have a PO Box and a “No Junk Mail” sign so my mail box rarely gets used. Since the demise of the free newspapers I only check it about once a week.

Actually when I think about it the free newspapers were usually just lobbed over the fence anyway, seems a long time ago.

Rarely receiving delivered mail, I usually check my mail box every 3 - 4 weeks. Then only to empty the junk mail.