Do you still get junk mail? This is what came in today's post

this is what came today Junk mail. at least it keeps our postmen in a job

Yes, but not every day - this morning I received flyers for landscaping, double glazing, disposable vapes and a dementia day care centre (!)

1 Like

We get junk mail delivered not in the post.So you put a sign up “No junk mail,thanks”

Whenever I have a postal delivery there is sure to be junk mail amongst it - sometimes the delivery is made up of all junk mail. I seem to get quite a few booklets with aids for the elderly. It all goes into the recycling.

Regular mail and junk.

I never get junk mail, my letterbox has a sign, “No Junk Mail” - easy as!

Your Fair Trading office will give you one or you can buy them.

1 Like

We are posh here in the UK. we have front doors with a flap for post called a letter box.can’t show you due to site level restrictions

I know I was a postman for a short while, having to walk to everybody’s front door was a bloody nuisance, no wonder if you missed a piece of mail it was delivered just anywhere, having the letter box on the property border is better for everybody.

LOL

You realise if we did this all that would happen is there would be fewer postmen with bigger rounds.

1 Like

I get very little actual mail as most is moved online.

Get some leafleting take always, grocery discounts etc

an occasional double glazing conservatory building type.

Not much.

When I was a postman the union had a ban on time and motion studies. My round in central London was largely being redeveloped so I only had a handful of mail. It took me less than half an hour to deliver.

I sat in St James Park for an hour or so and fed the ducks before returning to throw up the second delivery which took even less time to deliver after which I left my sack on a pillar box for the van to collect and went home.

1 Like

Last time i went to a park the ducks threw me pieces of bread I was that poor,

Every Monday is junk mail day,i don`t look at it,i bin it straight away.

I dont get any mail now ,

Send me your address and money to cover the stamp, and I’ll send you some, so you don’t feel left out Cosmos… :nerd_face:

1 Like

It is nonsense to fail all the mail in our mail. Some of it is hard record.

Not a lot but the odd piece does get through….made me realise I no longer hear from Publishers Clearing House.
Most of my mail is from the DWP.