Doctors surgeries getting worse

Bloody democracy! :angry:

Purely on the independence ticket the scary thing is they have so many diehard fans that think that with indepence Scotland will become the land of milk and honey and any problems the country is having now are the fault of Westminster add to that the media including the BBC who are so scared of losing the preeminent position if Scotland does become independent that there is virtually no criticism of the SNP government.
They had a golden opportunity to do something with the NHDS but they did nothing and it remains the same old same old if not worse than it was.

1 Like

Substitute UK for Scotland, Brussels for Westminster, and you’re describing Brexit. :115:

And the scary thing is, the die-hards can’t see the parallel. :roll_eyes:

I’ve heard it reported that although the diehard SNP fans are so outspoken, they are actually very much in the minority. Perhaps those reports are incorrect, though, because they carried the voting.

@JBR You may well be right.
Nichola Sturgeon has certainly lost personal support because she acts like a little dictator with a small clique of diehards. I have never heard my MSP or MP speak on TV in an interview as it seems only Sturgeons clique can be trusted to toe her line absolutely.
I used to have a brilliant MP who was SNP Kenny MacAskill who really worked hard for his constituents which sometimes meant being at odds with the party line. Needless to say he was quietly side-lined and is now MP for east Lothian.

1 Like

Rather than start a new thread I thought this will do.
Had my MRI and I have tell you that my health board has started to torture its patients whilst in the machine as I was forced to watch Night of the Museum via this new addition to the scanner a thing that fits over your head which has a small screen.
Couple of things here, I wear glasses, take them off and all is blurred and the MRI scanner is a bloody noisy machine so hearing the film is virtually impossible.
Should I complain? :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I strongly suspect that this was a special set up just for you!! Your reputation precedes you :joy::joy:

Thats you off my Christmas card list. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

@MrFraggle67 , l must say Mr F, you do seem to thrive on your battles with
the NHS ??
I can only wish more power to your elbow !!
Good luck !!
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

1 Like

You do know my post about the film was a joke right? :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

12 years of Tory government neglect lies and corruption is why the NHS is not fit for purpose .

Sorry but the blame lies with all governments with Labour beng right up there. For far to long the incumbent government has decided that throwing money at the issues was the solution, it is not the NHS is broken and needs a complete and painful overhaul but our politicians are far to gutless to do this preferring to bury their collective heads in the sand after all they have their private medical insurance and who really gives shit about the plebs (us)?

1 Like

Labour hasn’t been in power for 12 years .
The Tories could have done something in those 12 years but it doesn’t affect them so they have not .

2 Likes

I am well aware of that and agree that the Tories have done little but I cannot recall the Labour shadow health secretary telling us of his radical plans for the NHS god forbid they ever came to power, the same secretary that gave the Tories carte blanche to do what they wanted during the pandemic even when there were obvious flaws.

1 Like

If I want a medication review at my surgery I can ask the receptionist and the Dr calls back on the same day.
I haven’t tried a appointment though but mine had to merge with a practice in town just to keep open, they said that there wasn’t enough patients to stay open by themselves.

Wow! Same day?! Which country do you live in?

1 Like

In the west midlands Redditch Worcestershire.

Yes, I was being sarky! My surgery won’t do that; a week at best, I’d say.

1 Like

Yes I know :icon_lol:

It’s not just the docs with a declining service, I am experiencing the same decline with my nominated pharmacy. My repeat prescription list is lodged with them and in the past they arrange with doc for electronic scripts to be sent to them at the due date and then they deliver the meds to me. Last month and again this month, items have been missing or delayed which resulted me having urgent phone conversations with head pharmacist to progress supply. There seems to be a national shortage of some meds without any declared cause by the NHS. What is going on?