Do you wear a pinny?

Do you wear a pinny, apron, tabard?
I have ruined so many clothes with splashes of oil, bleach or cleaner of some sort, I have resorted to wearing a coverall over my clothes when cooking, gardening, DIY or cleaning.
Does anyone else?

I wear an Apron when cooking thigs in Tomato sauce or Curry, as I tend to splash everything over my clothes, I have so many tops ruined.

1 Like

Hi

Yes, I have two.

One which I use when competition fishing and a long leather one I use when gardening and doing DIY.

2 Likes

I have two , and use them both for cooking and when eating , I mostly always get some down me ,and its always red colour .I think Im a messy eater , but as theres no one around when I eat thats ok ,
Im also clumbsy and knock drinks down myself , I walk into walls and doors .Maybe i should be in a pinny or bib 24/7 …

3 Likes

Yes I’ve 2.
A long white cotton for cooking .
A plastic apron for bleaching… never wear espadrilles when bleaching , the bleach rolls down the plastic straight on to them …The dreaded pink spot strikes again🤨

1 Like

I never cook without my full kitchen garb.

1 Like

No. I don’t wear an apron - or a “housecoat” (does anyone remember those?)

I do have a few pairs of leggings and t-shirts with “interesting bleach-induced patterns” on them, though! - and some of them have holes ripped in them from getting caught on rose thorns whilst pruning.
I wear those ripped and bleach-patterned clothes to do my housework and gardening - not sure what my neighbours think of my “punk” attire! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, I wear a butchers stripe style apron.

I’m very messy - couldn’t manage without one.

2 Likes

same here @carol … blue/white, use it every day when cooking supper.

1 Like

I wear one while painting .

2 Likes

Nope, hate the things. They just feel fussy and cramp my style!

2 Likes

I wear one but only when I’m making pizzas, otherwise I end up covered in flour.

1 Like

Yes if I remember, especially when making things with flour.

1 Like

funny enough i had decided no till i read swimmys post, so yes
we called them bait aprons we used to stand in the river trent even in the dead of winter all the power stations in the Trent Valley made the water if not warm certainly not cold
and we had a front pocket in the apron for mainly our maggots, happy days…

1 Like

Yes but only occasionally if it’s a messy job…

I bought hubby one for barbacues…he won’t wear it but that might be because the picture on the front of it is rude and features a bra and suspenders :blush:

3 Likes

No, but I should, I’m a mucky pup and always bleaching and spoiling my clothes

I keep old clothes for particularly grubby jobs but I always forget

1 Like

I wear an apron both for cooking and when eating at home.

And my teens have always been wearing aprons or tabard at every meal too.

1 Like

Yes … even a careful cook can get curry spots on a favourite shirt … :frowning_face:

1 Like

I’ve lost count of the clothes I have ruined with a splash of bleach. I always do things like this on impulse while multitasking, so am not organised enough to put on a pinny.

I’ve never made a mess of my clothes when cooking. What bothers me is that cooking some foods makes your clothes smell but a pinny would not help with that.

2 Likes

Never have; someone gave me one when I was in my 20s with little kids. I never wore it.
I simply stay clean, and yes, I’ve always been a good cook. I enjoy baking more than cooking these days.
I do like the chili in the winter, and spaghetti sauces.

1 Like