Do you watch cartoons or anime?

When I was young, my father used to watch cartoons. After a stressful day at work, he would sit in front of the TV and watch Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry or Road Runner.

These days, there are cartoons tailored to adults like South Park or Avatar: The Last Airbender (fantastic btw). But he would probably still watch the simpler cartoons as kind of a relaxing past time.

Do you watch cartoons? What are your favorites?

3 Likes

My Father used to watch ā€œ Road Runnerā€ā€¦ I can still hear his laughter.

Honestly butterscotchā€¦I never watch cartoonsā€¦,:grin:

2 Likes

Very rarely nowadays.
I used to enjoy the likes of Roadrunner; Rhubarb & Custard; The Flinstones; Dangermouse; Count Duckula; Tom & Jerry etc. but Iā€™m not a fan of the Family Guy/Simpsons type.

1 Like

When my granddaughter was younger I used to enjoy watching Sheriff Callie, Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins, all of which portrayed girls in a very positive light. Left to my own devices I watch The Simpsons, Spongebob and South Park.

1 Like

Itā€™s funny when you are a child cartoons are the most amazing thing. But just like the childhood dream of eating ice cream all day, as an adult not so appealingā€¦

2 Likes

No, I never watched many cartoons, even as a child. As an adult, I donā€™t watch many of the Pixar or Disney animated films, either. Avatar was one that I tried, and didnā€™t finish watching.

1 Like

I donā€™t know. I still like a good cartoon the old ones are the best Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny and so on. Maybe Iā€™m still just a big kidšŸ˜€

3 Likes

I loved all those old cartoons, watched them with my kids too.
I still watch films, most of the Disney ones & I love the Pixar shorts.
This one is my favourite.

5 Likes

love themā€¦I could watch Loonytoons all day :smiley:

2 Likes

You should come round our house then itā€™s looney tunes here all day long :joy:

3 Likes

My wife gets enough Loonytoons putting up with me Chillie

2 Likes

I didnā€™t watch any for years then I watched a film about the ā€œDragon Riders of Berkā€ and I was totally hooked. It was made into a TV Series as well. It has an ongoing story throughout but a different story as well each episode. Covers a Viking boys life and his dragons from the age of 12 through till adulthood and becoming chief of the clan on his fatherā€™s death.
Itā€™s showing daily just now on CBBC ch201 Freeview if anyone fancies it.

3 Likes

I am sorry your females belovids give you such a difficult life @Chillie6ā€¦no wonder you turn back the clock and watchā€¦cartoons so oftenā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that Piper video. So cute! Like a nature short without the gory stuff.

Thatā€™s one of the reasons I like cartoons and Disney stuff. Less violence and gore.

3 Likes

Tom and Jerry. Flintstones. The Simpsons.
And not a cartoon but hilarious nevertheless, Shaun the Sheep.

3 Likes

Thanks for that Di as thoughtful as always. :joy::innocent:
My I do look good in latex :crazy_face::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Looks so fun! Thanks for sharing. It looks like a spinoff from ā€˜How to tame your Dragonā€™ Looks like the same characters, just visually. I havenā€™t watched much of that, although I have the video.

For people in the US, Dragons is playing on Netflix and Peacock Premium.

2 Likes

Yes use it to distract from the Father Xmas lookā€¦do we?..

1 Like

I loved the cartoons when I was a child, Tom and Jerry and the likes, still watched them with my children and grandchildren, but I donā€™t like the more modern onesā€¦

5 Likes

I rather like the simpsons too I have modelled my look on Homer