Do you still wear a mask?

It used to be the majority of people wore masks but now it isn’t compulsory to wear one I have noticed there are many people not wearing them now in supermarkets. My husband and I still wear one and now instead of people looking at you dissaprovingly because you don’t have one on, now I see people looking because I’m wearing a mask probably thinking why when you don’t have to.

Do you still wear a mask in heavily populated areas?

2 Likes

With new reported cases running at 40,000 a day, there’s still every reason to avoid crowded places but wear a mask if that’s impossible …

:mask:

1 Like

Absolutely do. It’s mandatory here inside public places but not outside however even if I wasn’t mandatory, we’d still wear our masks indoors in public places. We aren’t close enough to people outdoors.

3 Likes

Definitely still wearing masks here whenever we venture out. I84 cases in Bristol yesterday and the total is rising each day.

I advise people not to take things for granted when out and about, there is still danger of catching the virus outdoors whether you have been vaccinated or not.

Value your life and that of others.

2 Likes

Hi

Yep,

An FFP2 mask, infinitely better than the NHS ones.

1 Like

Yes. It’s mandatory in SA. No mask, no entry!

1 Like

Yes, very much so. We’ve been inundated with tourists this year - far more than previous years and our rates are going up. Mass exodus since schools have gone back but I’m not risking it. Going into shops are the only indoor places I enter - pubs and restaurants are still fortunately outside.

2 Likes

When outdoors there’s nobody I see that I have to be concerned about. We recently had 3 new cases in our entire province.

1 Like

yes I still wear a Mask, in shops and Clinics,

1 Like

Yes, I do wherever it’s mandatory: clinics, shops, public transport, institutions, and facilities and I’d also wear them if it was not.

1 Like

I still wear a mask in supermarkets and other shops though I have noticed that some people don’t wear them. The ones who don’t wear them seem mostly to be the younger generation (under 50s) in my experience - although not always. If I see someone without a mask I give them a wide berth.

2 Likes

It has been compulsory to wear a mask in and out doors here for a few weeks now, (not your home) the only exception is if you are exercising, so most of the time I don’t wear one.

1 Like

I will continue to wear a mask for the foreseeable future.
The Drs,Vets,Hairdresser and the other places I have been still require a mask.

2 Likes

I still wear a mask in shops and other indoor places. But I agree more and more people are no longer bothering with them, which is very foolish IMO, given that rates of infection are still high.

And yes, it does seem to be mainly the under 50s - and they’re the ones who are likely to be mixing with a wider group of people - work colleagues, school age children and so on. Those of retirement age can more easily keep their contacts to a minimum.

3 Likes

When I watched someone coughing and sneezing, whilst picking out the best potatoes, by hand, yesterday, I am seriously considering wearing, not only a mask, but gloves as well!

3 Likes

But gloves are only really a second skin. Once they’ve touched something they’re just as contaminated as your ungloved hand might be. Would you change your gloves after each and every item that you touched? Much easier to sanitise your hands regularly while shopping.

2 Likes

I’ll ask my surgeon why he wears gloves…!

1 Like

Yes I still wear a mask when in shops etc. I’ve got into the habit of wearing one.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I hate them with a passion and I am actually exempt from wearing one but do so on public transport and shops. I note the biggest majority not wearing them on public transport are the young.

3 Likes

I have to wear one as part of my job. But I still wear one in public places too

2 Likes