Do you still wear a mask?

He’ll tell you he changes them after each and every procedure :wink:

1 Like

In the queue, for the vaccine, it was noted that the “jabbers” wore gloves. and didn’t change them between customers!

1 Like

I still wear a mask especially with what I consider careless people about.

2 Likes

Yes, we still wear our masks on buses, in shops, etc but not when out walking on the streets.

In the news:

Ferry operator CalMac has appealed to passengers to heed advice on wearing face coverings after multiple sailings were disrupted by Covid cases.

Masks must be worn indoors on ferries, but CalMac said compliance had dropped from 95% to almost 50% on some routes. Managing director Robbie Drummond said in 10 of the past 31 days sailings on the west coast network had been affected by positive cases. Cases mean crew members having to self isolate and a deep clean of ferries.

CalMac runs more than 30 boats to over 50 ports and harbours, which are located in the Western Isles, Inner Hebrides, Highlands, Ayrshire and Argyll and Bute. Services had been drastically reduced due to the pandemic, but following the relaxation of Covid rules earlier this year passenger numbers have rebounded to almost the record levels seen in 2019.

To protect customers and crew from infection, face coverings are mandatory indoors on ferries unless a person is exempt.

Mr Drummond said: “We are doing everything we can to inform passengers in emails, posters at ports, frequent messages on board, but we don’t have enforcement powers. Our staff are regularly reminding passengers to use face coverings.”

Some people are mugs … :man_shrugging:

Definitely - and in shops and on buses.

1 Like

I went to the grocery store yesterday. It quite surprised just how many people there were not wearing masks - roughly half as an estimate. Stupidity?

1 Like

Moronic, even … :man_shrugging:

I wear a mask whenever I go into shops and all public places. I don’t find it any hastle. I see some who only cover their mouth and not their nose with their mask.

1 Like

Here all indoor public places mask are mandated vaccinated or not. Outside we do not either way unless it is a very crowed area. Some things are vaccinated only and can go without one. But I wear mine inside any public area anyway and will I am sure for a while yet.

I can’t speak for them, but I would imagine the vaccines were sterile, so the gloves would not be able to pick anything up from them.

If you touch something with a gloved hand, any contaminants on the object would transfer to your gloved hand in exactly the same way as they would transfer to your bare skin. If you then touch something else with that gloved hand - say another food item, or the handle of the trolley, or your mouth, eyes, nose, etc, - then you could transfer the contaminants. It matters not whether your hand is gloved or bare. It is still possible for any contaminants to be passed from one item to another. The glove is not a magical item that repels germs.

You are probably less likely to pick your nose when wearing a glove. The virus has to reach your lungs to do damage.

1 Like

Oh very true! But then again, you’re also probably less likely to pick your nose when wearing a mask!

:icon_wink:

Yep, I still do and will continue to do - at this rate probably till I fall off the plate. It hides a multitude of sins anyway :mask: :mask:

Sanitise regularly, soak the s/market trolley and shopping bags with their squirty stuff, wipe the controls of the car when I get home and then all the door handles I’ve touched on my way into the house… Oh, and I squirt or use Dettol wipes on every purchase before I put it away…

I have never worn a mask. I have an exemption badge.

I have a visor which I wear if necessary in doctors surgeries & anywhere else requesting face covering.
I don’t know about public transport as I don’t use it much but would wear my visor on a bus/train if I was requested to. I don’t however wear one in shops - not even a visor.

I have recently been looking into a short weekend break to the seaside by coach for Tony & me.
One company said we would have to wear face covering on the coach. Another company said to me ‘If you’ve had both jabs you should be ok - no need for a mask’ I chose the second company.

My own belief is the masks won’t save you. Some of these masks are home made of cotton. Are you telling me that germs can’t get through cotton?
I have a very strict hand washing regime & keep a distance from people.

Currently my daughter in law has gone down with covid & I was with her 2 days ago helping her move house. I am a bit apprehensive but don’t think I could be blamed for not wearing a mask during a house move!!!

If people walk about naked and somebody pisses near you then you might get wet if only from the splashes

If you wear a pair of trousers and someone pisses near you then you will be partially protected and not quite as wet

If they also wear a pair of trousers as well it is highly likely that even though trousers are not waterproof you will not get wet at all so the trousers protected you.

5 Likes

Yes I wear a mask in shops etc. On the dog walk we saw the first local ambulance of the season. So I don’t give two hoots what people think. The government should not have said it’s ok to not wear a mask. Hospitalisations are back up to what they were in oct last year just before they realised there was a problem…

1 Like

I’ve come across this analogy before @Bruce, and it certainly illustrates mask wearing well.

I don’t wear a mask just to protect myself, but to protect others from myself as well. I give unmasked people a wide berth, because even though I’m wearing a mask, I am far more likely to catch any potential virus from them than from people with masks.

1 Like

I wear a mask in shops. I do lateral flow tests fairly regularly to see if I’m infected (all negative so far) but maybe the mask still protects others from me. I feel wearing the mask could play its part in protecting me from others who don’t seem to care.

1 Like