Do you own your own box of crayons?

I love color. When I need a color fix, I pick up a box of crayons and put some color on a page or color in an adult coloring book, which has become a huge industry lately. I also like the kids’ coloring books because there’s lots of space to color.

I have other coloring supplies, but crayons are the staple.

I have a box of 100 crayons that I always turn to. There’s another box of crayons that’s soy-based, super smooth and colorful but they don’t sell them anymore, so I don’t want to use it all up.

I’ve been eyeing this lately.

Do you have a box of crayons for yourself? Not for your children or grandchildren, but one you use for you.

1 Like

They can be a tad messy, but I prefer pastels.

2 Likes

Crayons are like Cannabis, you never forget the smell. :grinning:

3 Likes

Why’s that Spitty? Use yours in the dunny then do you? LMAO :wink::grin::+1:

1 Like

Haven’t touched a Crayon in years. :grinning: :biking_man:

1 Like

I haven’t touched cannabis ever, but I could probably place the smell. lol

2 Likes

Walk along my town’s pedestrian precinct in fine weather and you could be overcome by the fumes rising from all the café tables outside.

3 Likes

It’s a funny thing, I never did like crayons, even as a child. I always found them disappointing, never delivering the rich colour that was promised by their appearance. My granddaughter, on the other hand, absolutely loves them, so I keep a tub in for her. My go to for a bit of colouring is a set of Sharpies, or a box of paint pens.

2 Likes

You jogged my memory about a tin of crayons I had as a child. I remember a large tin of crayons that were broken and worn down to the nubs. But oddly, I don’t remember ever using them. I must have colored a lot. I just don’t remember what I colored.

1 Like

My wife has just reminded me about carpets and crayons. We managed to buy a huge Victorian villa as our second move and being tight on funds, we decided to keep a stair carpet until new could be afforded. It was a tad threadbare in places, so after repositioning it, we found some of the children’s crayons were an exact match for colouring in the weft to look as though pile existed. That carpet stayed for 2 yrs before we replaced it during redecoration👍

3 Likes

:thinking:…… They taste rather different though. :pleading_face::smirk:
Plus you can’t get high off them :woman_shrugging:

I should hope so :joy::rofl:

YES I have a box of crayons but prefer pastels. Chalk is far too messy for me and forget charcoal. That’s for BBQ’s. :grimacing::innocent:

1 Like

We’ve bought the grandnieces a big box of crayons each as part of their Christmas prezzies.

I own quite a few boxes of watercolour pencils if they count.

2 Likes

Never did like crayons - not the feel nor their colouring abilities. Much prefer pencils. Can remember saving up my pocket money for months in order to buy a box of ‘Derwent’ colouring pencils. Enjoyed going round their factory in Keswick on a school trip!

Then I discovered my prized Faber-Castells - they are amazing - perhaps a little more expensive than others - but worth it. The colours and quality are amazing - they make blendable ones, water colour ones, and ‘polychromos’ ones which can be used on non-porous surfaces such as parchment and acetate. They also make pens and technical drawing pencils etc., The company was founded in Germany near Nuremberg and had a reputation for excellence.

3 Likes

I’d love some Faber Castells … but to begin with I bought some cheap ones and I’m quite pleased with the results but cos I’m tight, I have told myself I have to use them up …
but I shall get some Fabers and Derwents soon . I’ve promised myself a treat.

1 Like

Derwent pencils are amazing, so smooth, and very layer-able. I would love to visit their factory/museum. Faber Castells are good too, and watercolour pencils I use more often. I did buy a 100 pack of crayola crayons once but didn’t really use them much. Also the box of Primacolour pencils that I found in a charity shop…tey are pricey so I use them sparingly so i don’t waste them :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ooh, no I don’t but now you’ve said it, I want some :eyes: I’ve got coloured pencils and felt pens

But someone gave me a chalkboard art book for Christmas so I’ve got lots of chalk and I am learning. I’m not very good at it yet but the great thing is, you can just wash it off

1 Like

Derwent are lovely, aren’t they, so soft and easy to use. You’ll have to go to Derwent to their museum. So many gorgeous colours

2 Likes

Polychromos is the holy grail of colored pencils for most youtube coloring artists. I hear about them all the time. I have some Derwents. They’re nice, but I don’t personally like the colors as much. The color scheme is a little different. Judging by others’ comments here, I’m missing some of the beautiful colors.

One day, I’d love to get some polychromos or some prismacolors. I have the watercolors which are lovely, but I hear great things about the colored pencils.

1 Like

Here’s some crayon art.