Do You Own/Use A Footstool?

If you do…what do you use the footstool for?

1.Raise your legs because they are tired and achey?
2. Raise your legs off the floor for health reasons?
3. To store all your rubbish/ papers, CD’s and DVD’s as it has a lift up lid?
4. It’s for your cat, small dog to rest on?
5. Something to stand on, to change a light bulb, clear cobwebs off the wall etc?
6. It’s useful to have if you run out of seats when little kids visit?
7. It’s surplus to requirement but it came with the suite of furniture?
8. Something else?

Serious and funny replies are welcome!

How uncanny, I’ve only just finished rearranging the furniture in our front room and found a new place for the pouffe. :open_mouth:

I seldom use it at all, perhaps I should!

1 Like

@Artangel , Yep, got one ,
Cant use it for anything as it is upholstered and is a rocking stool which is
Impossible to stand on or store anything in, any pets only ignore it!!
Nearly forgot, our rhoomba loves pushing it around !! :grin::grin:

1 Like

No, I haven’t got one…I’ve seen one that I would really like though, but it doesn’t go with anything else in the room, and it hasn’t got a lid. I would use it for putting my feet on.

1 Like

Mine was a gift from a neighbour, it doesn’t particularly blend in but I’m going to get a couple of cheapo modern cushions for it.

1 Like

Yes - I have a footstool - and mine was also a gift. Made from oak and upholstered with maroon velvet - it has a lid - and I use it to hold small cross-stitch projects.

1 Like

Nope, never had one. My brother brought home a pouffe after a trip to somewhere, but we never got round to stuffing it so it ended up getting slung away.

Sorry Art. Can’t contribute anything of interest nor humour to this thread, which is entirely out of character as you well know. :grin:

2 Likes

My cats sleep on mine, but occasionally they allow me to put my feet up. :laughing:
In the hot weather mine was a blessing because my ankles swelled , but soon went down again after an hours rest>

2 Likes
  1. Laptop rest when not in use
  2. Cat / dog bed when laptop in use
  3. footrest only when cats/dog give permission
2 Likes

We have a couple plastic folding ones, one upstairs, one downstairs.

1 Like

Not now but we had a pouffe when I was young at home with my parents.We couldn’t use it though,the rabbit thought it was his.

3 Likes

you had a rabbit running loose in the hoose?

1 Like

I associate footstools with old men with gout .

1 Like

I suppose that’s one use for them.

1 Like

I have a couple of these sets from Ikea, ideal for watching the tele. (Just the chair and footstool)

I had originally been looking at electric reclining chairs but it was difficult to get them with a high enough back, when I came across these, so when I was in Canberra next bought these.

3 Likes

I have a tiny plastic one that I bought ages ago. I don’t remember why I bought it. The last time I used it was to stand on to put oil in the top hinges of a door.

1 Like

Hi

Yes,got one recently.

I have peripheral arterial disease and it helps with blood circulation

1 Like

Better than a moose.Rabbits make good house pets.

3 Likes

…and easy to train to use a litter tray.

4 Likes

…and are very affectionate

2 Likes