Do you make a fuss?

Do you like Christmas or will you be glad when it’s over?

Since the kids left home I have just gone along with it. Not bothered either way but always happy when it was over.

This year, after the most horrendous year of my life I think I hate it.

I’ve made no preparations, nor have I put Christmas tree up. In the end it’s just another day & all this false merriment is hard to endure.

We will be at our sons Christmas day but it will be hard to put on a jolly face. What a miserable sod I am…

How do you feel about all the fuss & hype?

2 Likes

As I shall be completely alone this year I’m not bothering with decorations or fuss. I have my dog for company. She’ll do.

1 Like

After my daughter left home, Christmas is low key. This is the first year since my dad passed away that I didn’t put up Christmas decor or lights.

No one is visiting me for Christmas. My son and I will have a dinner at my daughter’s place. She’s Muslim - and doesn’t celebrate Christmas.

I do love Christmas. It’s my favourite time of year but it’s just different nowadays. Next year, I’m definitely doing a white Christmas overseas. Well, that’s the plan.

1 Like

Christmas is more magical when there are small children involved, I think. As an adult its more about relaxing. This year has been awful for most of us in one way or another and I’m just looking forward to things stopping for a few days and not having to think about anything. Next year can only be better, surely!

1 Like

I’ve never made a fuss, just went with the crowd and did what I was expected to do without overdoing it. What I really dislike about Christmas is not the feast itself but the fact that public life and services come to a standstill for two or three weeks, which is far too long. Woe betide anyone who needs medical or dental services during those weeks. And then the effects can be felt for weeks before things are back to normal.

1 Like

For me, it all starts way too early, with some shops starting to put up Christmas displays in October, and TV showing Christmassy repeats and special editions from November.

I can’t sustain that level.of interest or excitement for so long, and especially for what is basically an extended Sunday dinner with some prezzies (mostly not wanted nor needed) and some shiny things.

3 Likes

Just another day and Sunday roast.

I thoroughly enjoy Christmas although I don’t totally immerse myself in the festivities to the detriment of everything else in my life.
It’s a pleasure to celebrate the traditions, carols, crackers, chocolate coins on the tree and plenty more.
I do agree with Dex, it all starts far too early but I just blank that.
Anyway, It’ll soon be January, time to finish up the last of the mince pies, pop out to the shops and stock up on a couple of Easter eggs :hatched_chick: :rabbit:

2 Likes

It’s mostly another day for us, animals still have to be fed, watered, counted and checked. Anything crops up it had to be dealt with. Dunc finishes at lunchtime and if it’s a nice day we go off on the Clyde’s for a few hours hack. If it’s bad weather we usually just watch telly till dinner time (6pm) and have a nice Christmas Dinner, sometimes the family are here and then we do what they feel like doing, often it’s one of the beaches with caves and exploring to be done.

2 Likes

Yes, I love Christmas… but only from first advent to twelfth night.

1 Like

I just love it, the preparation, wrapping presents, the joy on my family’s faces when they open an unexpected gift, dinner, the bad jokes in the crackers…the mess after…it’s all so wondrous

3 Likes

What Gaming App is that?

We will be on our own at Christmas, we are not bothered about Christmas now, its just another day here. Christmas now is really for the kids.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to Christmas this year.
It is a year today that our daughter received her final chemotherapy session. She was so weak and tired as she waited for weeks for the results. Finally she received the call from her Consultant to inform her there was no longer any sign of the cancer. The relief was immense.

This year Christmas is going to be something special.

11 Likes

Ha Blooming Ha. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Kidding apart, what was that gaming thing that kids had on a gameboy which emulated looking after a pet cat or dog or something?

I like Christmas always have always will however I do feel people feel pressure to “keep up” so to speak and that leads to Christmas becoming a burden not a joy.

They have changed over the years and it is different but ultimately “ITS CHRISTMAS” a time to relax enjoy and love yourself and those you care for and care for you.

@carol You have had a hard year and for some reason known only to the makers of our hearts when we have had a bad year we sometimes think “b&gger” Christmas maybe and not trying to change your view or opinion but maybe its time to accept what we have and enjoy the day for a nice day.

@Jazzi I too will be alone on the day this year not even the dog as she passed earlier this year; going to a family "takeaway2 feast at my brother Christmas eve and then family breakfast out on Boxing day but intend to do what I want to do this Christmas day not sure what that will be but def eating and watching telly.

@Minx I am planning a Caribbean cruise next Christmas going the opposite of you I am going hot not cold. LOL

2 Likes

Cats and Dogs Tamagotchi

3 Likes

Enjoy your Christmas Mags and family a great reason too as well.

3 Likes