Do you like the way your voice sounds?

I always cringe when I hear my voice recorded! Weird accent and so annoying :rofl:

What about you?

I don’t know if this voice recorder thingy will work on here, we’ve been having fun with it elsewhere

If it does, this is me! Click on the link, then on the play button to here me :rofl:

https://voca.ro/18HXjBqv0bhf

2 Likes

If it works and you feel brave, I’d love to hear what you sound like.

If you go to vocaroo, record your voice, save it, then copy the link, you can put it on

On the other place I’ve been using it, we’ve found out people don’t sound how they type on their posts!

https://vocaroo.com/

I am sure it is purely because you hear your own voice differently to the way other people hear it because it not only comes in to the ear via the air but through also flesh and bone. A recording is just how other people hear you.

It’s the hole in each ear
That lets in the fear
That, and the absence of light.
(SM)

1 Like

You sound very bright and cheerful! Will have try later - could be fun.

1 Like

Thank you! I always think I sound a bit soppy!

Which is weird, because I can be quite aggro when needed :muscle:t4:

Perhaps I lure ‘em into a false sense of security!

1 Like

You can do it by copying the embed code too!

View on Vocaroo >>

I’m always surprised at my voice when I hear it recorded and I hardly believe that it is my own. I’d rather it sounded different. I notice a touch of the local accent which I wish I hadn’t picked up and which my former class mates had also spotted at the last reunion. OTOH, people have repeatedly told me that I’d come across well on the phone just because of my voice. Perhaps I (and you as well ) shouldn’t be too self-critical?

1 Like

I know I’ve a proper debon burr.

1 Like

Hi
I don’t like hearing my voice on either the radio or TV

My kids used to think it was hilarious and mimic me

1 Like

I hate my voice, and try to inject intonations (is that the correct word?) when speaking, especially on the phone, so it varies.

Im happy with my voice,ive not had anyone say anything about it from members ive spoken with from here and other forums.

When I hear a recording of my voice - no I don’t like it.

Maree, l did try to record my voice but a caption came up on my iPad saying l must turn on the microphone, in settings… but l couldn’t find the microphone where it said to look.

You sound fine, your voice is like Fenella Fielding’s voice … not really! :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t like my voice but no one else seems to mind it . Except Mr M when he says I shout at him ……moi ?

Have you tried this?
Step 1: Open Settings on iPad.
Step 2: Scroll down to the app on which you are facing microphone problems.
Step 3: It will open the ‘Allow app to access’ menu. Enable Microphone toggle.

Dachs, Yes, l did that but which ‘App’ do l need to select?

I had clicked on the link Maree provided.

1 Like

Puhh, I hope it’s not too complicated on an iPad. It works fine on my Microsoft notebook.
This is for an iPad Pro. Have you enabled screen recording as is shown here?:

Those who know me all agree that I sound just like Ian Richardson :point_down:

… … as far as I’m concerned, there are definitely worse voices out there :+1:

2 Likes

That’s a lovely voice, you are lucky!

1 Like

I’m sorry Art, I really don’t know. I got a message saying allow app to access microphone and just clicked yes. What a shame, I’d have loved to hear you