Do you like the way your voice sounds?

Not so much lucky, more huge input from the boarding school I was sent to from 11yrs 5 months. I arrived with a slack and somewhat lazy London accent of the 50’s and left with 100% crisp Queen’s English. I worked for special services Royal Palaces during my mid years and I reckon it was my accent and clear diction that clinched that particular posting. I stayed with special services until my early retirement at 60, serving in several locations and even short detached duties aboard; everything adding to a somewhat decent pension👍

That’s interesting, I went to public school too ( scholarship)
I went in with a strong cockney accent, a few years of elocution lessons knocked the worst of it off, but I reverted as I got older, although I can still turn the posh on if I need to

But I pick up accents really quickly, so now I’m a weird mix of London, Irish from my husband and his friends, and since moving to the West Country my London friends say I sound like a Wurzel :woman_farmer:

1 Like

This is my problem too. My eldest granddaughter is engaged to a Hawaiian and a day in his company finds me with an American slant to my voice until at least the next morning.

1 Like

Dachs, Thank You for your help. I have an iPad Air.

I went onto microphone after hitting Maree’s link and this is all that shows…

As shown in the video you now need to check if screen recording is in the control centre. There , tap on Customized Controls (see 0:38 in the video) and follow the instructions.

If your screen recording is already in your control centre, here’s how to switch on your mike.

Dachs, l did get it to work but l sounded like a dilly! :laughing:

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Don’t expect too much from inbuilt equipment even if it’s an Apple.
Glad it worked out fine.

Oooh this sounds interesting…although I don’t like the sound of my recorded voice, really. Not that I sound really Scottish, but then I don’t really sound like I’m from anywhere :joy:

@Dachs , Bloody hell Dachs !
I thought ‘technology’ was suppposed to make things easier for us ??
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

1 Like