Do you like it spicy (food)?

I ran across this ad for some pepper flakes of different kinds of peppers. I use pepper flakes on my food almost every day. I also use a ton of black pepper in everything.

This looks good to me. It’s called ‘I can’t feel my face.’ Maybe a bit too spicy. I haven’t tried it yet.

Do you like spicy food? How spicy?

2 Likes

I don’t think I do but to be honest it has been so long since I ate any food I cannot remember. I did love plenty if fresh ground black pepper, does that count? :smiley:

1 Like

I love spicy food, Thai is my favourite but before that it was Indian.

1 Like

Yep, I love black pepper too. Freshly ground would be great. I was just looking at some online and thinking that I might be too lazy to grind it at every meal. I use a LOT of it. :sweat_smile:

I like Indian food too, but for heat, thai food is really spicy. I like some of the thai curries.

There is a Malaysian dish I am very fond of called Char Kuey Teow, Penang is famous for it but I have had excellent versions just across the border in Thailand

1 Like

Battery operated grinder and your good to go.:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I thought that was the only way, I have a wooden grinder that I wouldn’t be without, only takes a few seconds, I use it many times each day.

1 Like

Wow, I was talking about US thai food. You meant REAL thai food. That must be way more spicy.

TIL Thanks, I just looked for one. I was using the plastic grinder that came with the pepper. Definitely was a chore.

Make sure you get a good one as all battery grinders are not created equal.
I would recommend Salter, I maybe biased but I have used their products, I have kitchen and bathroom scales and the quality is excellent.

I’m Indian so yes, a bit of spice is sometimes nice

:grinning:

I love black pepper - use it more often than salt. I do like spiced food but not so hot that it over whelms the flavour of the food. Indian food is delicious - I was lucky enough to be taught how to prepare a lot of dishes by an Indian doctor with whom I became friends when I was working - and learned more while in India. I also like home cooked Chinese food, not so keen on Thai.

1 Like

Yes, but when there are repercussions, the family tell me I can’t tale it anymore. :joy:

Yes I love Spicy food, Indian, Thai, Chinese.
Hotter the better for me.

2 Likes

Yes I like spicy food…but not so hot that I can’t taste the flavours and its just burning.

1 Like

Same here…if its too spicy and hot I can’t taste the food. I have a favourite Indian restaurant they always make me a mint salad with my curry which is gorgeous

1 Like

A good dollop of raita on my vindaloo.

(yoghurt, cucumber, mint)

2 Likes

yes I love that too but blinkin heck vindaloo is too hot…blows your head off :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the vindaloo word, but in reality madras is more yummy.

2 Likes

I love spicy food, but not so spicy that it overwhelms the flavour of the food itself. I mean, what’s the point of carefully tenderising and cooking a piece of meat and then all you can taste is :fire: :fire: :fire:? Black pepper I love, and add it to most everything. Well, not breakfast cereal… But someone I worked for many years ago introduced me to strawberries with black pepper. I’m not certain, but I seem to remember she’d picked up the idea when she was in South Africa - does that sound likely @Minx?

3 Likes

Far too many so called ‘spicy’ foods either declare they contain MSG or hide it by declaring this product contains permitted flavourings. MSG to me is an agent that will interfere with my heart sinus rhythm and therefore could be life threatening.

MSG = monosodium glutamate or E621 and it should be a fully declarable additive, but so far this government is content with the law as it stands now :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes