Do you have faith in your doctor?

@RoseRed Thats so true , GP’s are becoming more distant, A lot changed when the went into appoinments , then the next step was off load a lot on to the Nurse , I should have had my yearly
review last month , before my meds can continue ,

what I got was 2 Text messages , .
First one was asking to follow the link iin the text and fill the online form , They want to know my
Enthnicity, haha , Ive been with this GP group for 50 years …
Now Ive been asked to go online again and send them my BP readings !!!
Ive ignored both these Text , my phone is the old type and theres no way I can follow any link ,

Besides my review should include Urine and Blood test too , how they going to do that online ?

Some one else who had these Text said the link didnt work anyway, they went into the Surgery and complained … The Waiting room was Empty.
Which begs the question what are these Drs doing , what do they get paid for …

Personally I think Covid as a lot to answer for , Drs suddenly became aware of their own Vulnerability
and have decide to distance themselves ,
Gone are the days when they put the Patient first , they put themselves first . And some not even wanting to do that , they leave .

2 Likes

I had a problem where lived it here previous house. The doctor didn’t realise that a lump in my forehead was cancer. .I was not a happy bunny.

1 Like

Leading a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean there isn’t something else going on in your body. I can look and feel amazing but drop dead tomorrow from heart disease or renal issues or cancer. You don’t know until you find out.

My dad was a healthy individual, a “man’s man” but died of heart complications.

Labwork can catch diseases and complications like cancer, cholesterol, Kidney issues, liver issues etc. Labwork is just a start to any healthy journey

This is EXACTLY why I get bloodwork done independently!!! Done are the days doctors tell ME what I should and shouldn’t have check in my own body.

Imagine your mechanic telling you to ignore the noise coming from the bottom of your car!

Now that I would know about !

1 Like

Last Tuesday mr M had a telephone appointment with the doctor at their instigation .
He was told to allow 45 minutes either side of the appointment which he duly did .
Nothing .
He then contacted the practice and asked why the doctor had not called and was given the answer they had no idea .
Great isn’t it .

A lot of folks wonder how they are still here, knowing what conditions they have, it’s a guessing game, why add to the guesses?

See!!! So frustrating

Lets just hope Mr M is still with us.

That’s interesting Besoeker. My older brother has a lump on his forehead and we keep telling him to get it looked at. It’s been there several years and is quite unsightly too.

Did you get yours removed and are you ok now?

Thank you.
The cancer was removed but the scab remains. The physician has now used a different cream and it is now healing. After about six years…:frowning:

1 Like

Still no!

My brother’s is almost the size of a marble.

Not good. Mine is 2.5 inches or 5 cm. Not very pretty so I wear a hat when go out.

not GPs, but they do have a pretty impossible job the do all in five minutes.

Hospital consultants, generally yes.

1 Like

My GP is just rubbish, he would still be rubbish if I could understand anything he said. He talks so fast and in some strange language.

Been there, done that. Now I don’t have a GP, the practice employs temps, never see the same doc twice.

It’s the same at this end d00d. Mostly locums, and a different one each time. They don’t seem to read my medical records so I have to explain where we are at every time I visit. I thought about taking in my daily journal so they could read the latest release…

1 Like

We have been lucky to find an old Greek GP who runs a very efficient surgery.Unfortunately he’s threatening to retire in the not too distant future.

1 Like

We had about half a dozen good doctors serving our local surgery and one by one they either retired or left. The surgery has been given an ultimatum by either the NHS or the council…Either pull your socks up by the end of the month, or you will be closed…
I can’t see that happening…

1 Like