Do you have faith in your doctor?

Quite Spitty, would we know a good result if it hit us in the face? The advice and prognosis following the result is the important part in my book…

1 Like

I always bring my results to my doctor(s). I would never suggest analyzing one’s own bloodwork unless they’re in that field of healthcare (still wouldn’t). It’s equivalent to representing yourself in court of law: Sounds great and easy but hardly ever works out well :joy:

That is why I ALWAYS bring my results to my doctor. Both of them can read and interpret them because they do come from the same labortory they use. I’ve been doing this for about a decade (phew) now and i’m getting better at it as well but never would I ever just self-diagnose

1 Like

No one has ever proved if not knowing has led to a longer life coz there is no data, thankfully.

You should know how to read your own reports… You shouldn’t self-diagnose but you should know the status of your body from a report, especially if you’re leading a healthy lifestyle, like myself :upside_down_face:

Like if you took a pregnancy test, and it came back negative. i can read that report

They’re not impossible to read. Any adult could understand simplistic labwork results. The doctor is there to translate.

If you are being healthy, you are doing the mostest, why would you need a report to confirm that, and, if you are doing the mostest, what can you possibly tweak as the result of a bit of data?

I had to change doctors when I moved house…this new doctor has so many rules and the practise pharmacist gets involved too telling you off for stuff …gone are the days of the friendly family doctor.

1 Like

This was always on the cards once the fundholder came into being.

I think the days when the GP knew everybody are long gone. I remember in our village we had one GP and a nurse who rode a bike around the villages. No appointments, you just got there as surgery opened and were eventually seen. the GP made home visits and dispensed prescriptions. The waiting room was just a small corridor really with a lino floor and hard dining chairs to sit on, It served about 5 villages.

Now we have a large health centre with about 12 GPs (several are part timers) you never see the same one twice, that’s if you can even get an appointment! I don’t know anybody who has ever had a home visit and repeat prescriptions take 7 working days!!

@RoseRed Thats so true , GP’s are becoming more distant, A lot changed when the went into appoinments , then the next step was off load a lot on to the Nurse , I should have had my yearly
review last month , before my meds can continue ,

what I got was 2 Text messages , .
First one was asking to follow the link iin the text and fill the online form , They want to know my
Enthnicity, haha , Ive been with this GP group for 50 years …
Now Ive been asked to go online again and send them my BP readings !!!
Ive ignored both these Text , my phone is the old type and theres no way I can follow any link ,

Besides my review should include Urine and Blood test too , how they going to do that online ?

Some one else who had these Text said the link didnt work anyway, they went into the Surgery and complained … The Waiting room was Empty.
Which begs the question what are these Drs doing , what do they get paid for …

Personally I think Covid as a lot to answer for , Drs suddenly became aware of their own Vulnerability
and have decide to distance themselves ,
Gone are the days when they put the Patient first , they put themselves first . And some not even wanting to do that , they leave .

2 Likes

I had a problem where lived it here previous house. The doctor didn’t realise that a lump in my forehead was cancer. .I was not a happy bunny.

1 Like

Leading a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean there isn’t something else going on in your body. I can look and feel amazing but drop dead tomorrow from heart disease or renal issues or cancer. You don’t know until you find out.

My dad was a healthy individual, a “man’s man” but died of heart complications.

Labwork can catch diseases and complications like cancer, cholesterol, Kidney issues, liver issues etc. Labwork is just a start to any healthy journey

This is EXACTLY why I get bloodwork done independently!!! Done are the days doctors tell ME what I should and shouldn’t have check in my own body.

Imagine your mechanic telling you to ignore the noise coming from the bottom of your car!

Now that I would know about !

1 Like

Last Tuesday mr M had a telephone appointment with the doctor at their instigation .
He was told to allow 45 minutes either side of the appointment which he duly did .
Nothing .
He then contacted the practice and asked why the doctor had not called and was given the answer they had no idea .
Great isn’t it .

A lot of folks wonder how they are still here, knowing what conditions they have, it’s a guessing game, why add to the guesses?

See!!! So frustrating

Lets just hope Mr M is still with us.

That’s interesting Besoeker. My older brother has a lump on his forehead and we keep telling him to get it looked at. It’s been there several years and is quite unsightly too.

Did you get yours removed and are you ok now?

Thank you.
The cancer was removed but the scab remains. The physician has now used a different cream and it is now healing. After about six years…:frowning:

1 Like

Still no!