Do you have any ideas/plans for saving power?

Yes thats right. Unless it happens on the outside of the window and you go out and check on this confusing phenomenon, thinking its warmer outside in the garden than in your house. You rush inside to put the heating on, before realising its actually mist coming off the hill and feel a bit of a plonker :roll_eyes: :joy:

Happens to us occasionally on autumn/winter morns … on north facing windows.

1 Like

Some people think that the gap in the windows is a vacuum, but that is not true… The cavity is usually filled with a noble gas, such as Argon.

1 Like

Vacuum as in void,

an empty space, lacking moisture.

It really doesn’t matter if they are filled with laughing gas…they still need to opened regularly unless you’re intent on growing your own mushrooms on the wallpaper. :wink:

1 Like

Hey…that’s a really good idea. Self-sufficiency at its finest! :joy: “indoor garden” (kidding, obviously).

1 Like

Except it is not.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re right Pixie. Ironically whenever I’ve tried to grow my own mushrooms using kits, plugs etc it’s been a bit of a disaster, such is life. :mushroom:

Oh, and just as an aside I’m slightly perplexed as to why over50schat has a fly agaric in the food and drink emoji section…the mind boggles :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Oh me too with the mushroom kits :roll_eyes: Yet down in the mulch at the bottom of the garden, its a veritable wonderland of mushrooms! (all been nibbled on so not for me thanks)
The fly agaric is distinctive. if it was a regular paler brown mushroom, it might get mistaken for something else…:joy:

1 Like

Hmm, nothing like a little mycology on a Saturday evening. I hope you’re not taking a liberty and digressing :wink:

1 Like

Pffft! You mentioned wallpaper mushrooms, I was just…carrying on the conversation. :woman_shrugging: :joy:

Anyway, returning to topic…thanks to the sunshine today, I have managed to dry some laundry outside, opened the windows for a bit, and not had the dehumidifier on once! :innocent: Likely saved a small fortune…!

1 Like

Yes. In the Southern Hemisphere (the half of the world with the best rugby teams) where it’s warm, I hand clean the pool instead of running the filter and the creepy Crawler ( that’s what we call the pool cleaner thingie).

Also, here we do the opposite - we try cool off. I put the Airconditioning on Eco mode with a timer of an hour so that I can get to sleep. Just a light sheet or summer duvet and no fans on.

My windows are double glazed, I don’t open them, and I don’t get condensation or mould/mushrooms!

I don’t want to hear about your little mushroom when your undressing.

1 Like

Well…charmed I’m sure…stink horns to you sir ! :nose: :wink:

1 Like

And we thought you were a fungi to be with.

1 Like

I did try to use the “Combi” part of my combination microwave oven on Saturday.
I’ve had this microwave for a few years but only ever used the microwave function - I decided to try out the combination convection / microwave setting to see if it would cook a crispy baked potato without heating up my big main oven.
All went well for 5 minutes, then flash, bang, wallop! then an eerie silence in my kitchen. The damn Combi microwave had fused the whole ring circuit of my kitchen electric sockets, so everything went off!

After re-setting the fuse box, I gingerly tried the microwave and it still worked - I can only assume it was the convection power that was too much for the fuse, so I’m not risking that money-saving option again! :frowning_face:

1 Like

Thought you’d finally bitten the bullet and got an air frier to crisp things off.

1 Like

I did buy an air fryer and I like the results from it.
I was telling a friend about it and she was telling me what good results she got from using her combination convection/grill/microwave oven.
I’ve always avoided using the grill and convection part of my freestanding microwave but she convinced me to give it a try, just to see how it performed. After it blew a fuse, I think I’ll stick to the air fryer in future!

1 Like

Now that’s something I haven’t used for a long time ,the convection part of my microwave oven . I shall experiment with something…what tho? Might try grilling some fish fingers . …how exciting a thought . :smiley: