Do you have any fears

That you would like to overcome?

Or maybe you don’t want to overcome them.

I have a fear of aeroplanes and have never flown…you will never get me in an aeroplane…

1 Like

Oh Pauline, i love flying.

The only fear I have in big spiders.

1 Like

I know it’s all in my head,Susie, I’ve prayed about it…still my gut or head is saying “ don’t do it”…

getting my head under water terrifies me. It all stems from nearly drowning at the age of 3 I was told when I fell into an uncles garden pond. Apparently an older cousin pulled me out
Also heights as being on a ladder etc don’t like that now, never used to bother me
And finally "er indoors"who must be obeyed :rofl: :roll_eyes: :wink:

2 Likes

I can relate to that, I nearly drowned in the sea at 17…I have never been in it since.

flying, I’m terrified. I have flown a few times but I hate, hate, hate it, I’ve decided never to fly again as I don’t want to put myself through that fear anymore.

1 Like

I’m a bit claustrophobic and a bit scared of heights but I can cope with it and do what I want to, so I suppose I have conquered them.

And I don’t like clowns but I don’t run away screaming if I see one!

1 Like

Have to admit I don’t like flying either but I do it because I like holidays and it means I can travel…well I used to before covid :frowning:

I have fears…usually at night and they get all out of proportion …then the following morning after a sleepless night I wonder why I worried so much and the problems seem insignificant…daft really.

2 Likes

hate low flying space ships

1 Like

Death is a bit scary.

2 Likes

But, it is something you have to learn to live with.

1 Like

Tony was very afraid of flying but he overcame his fear for my sake. He knew I wanted to travel so he gritted his teeth & got on a plane.

At first we did short flights to Spain, Italy, Portugal etc but when we went to America it was too much for him & he had to get some tranquilizers from the doctor…

My fear - it’s the future & what it will bring. I realise I can’t really look forward to the future now & it scares the life out of me. All I can plan for is my funeral…

2 Likes

I feel afraid of dying because I have left so much undone.

2 Likes

I’m not frightened of death, just the way It will occur…

3 Likes

Has somebody been threatening you, Foxy? :astonished:

I fear judgment day…because I’m a Christian/ born again/ regenerated …and fail miserably at times…:pray::open_mouth:

1 Like

Nice one Harbal. :grinning:

1 Like

I have just one phobia and, just apply it to whatever comes to mind at the time.

1 Like

I had a fear of blushing…I overcame that.:pray:

Erythrophobia .

I also have a fear of classroom based courses, that stems from me bullied by a Maths teacher in school, he picked on me something shocking and continually singled me out in class. Instead of helping me get my head round Maths he chose to pick on me because I was no good at it. That is not a good teacher, he tended to focus on the ones who were good at maths instead of the ones who struggled. Even at my age I panic if there are any courses at work just in case the tutor singles me out and I go into a blind panic and want to run. I’ve even been known to ring in sick when I was younger.

1 Like