Do you have an ipad what do you use it for

I think you are too clever for us Pug :lol:

Oh,FAR from it,Mags.
Erudition,education,natural abilities,affinities with mathematical formulae…all or any of which are as nothing,when one’s faced with a non co-operative and somewhat ‘my way,or the highway’ item of computorial intransigence. Mayhap if Apple’s executives had it explained to them in short,single-syllable words,that computorial science is a multi-disciplinary field,rather than a money-making in-house product,then this dashed machine would actually process fluidity algorythms without first demanding an ID that doesn’t-and never has-existed. #sigh# I apologise,people. [I’ll just shuffle back under my rock]

If you say so Pug, I’ll take your word for it :lol:

Again,Mags,I apologise.

[the day will never dawn that heralds my being any use at this ‘social posting’ stuff]

But I try…despite a total inability to appear ‘normal’,I keep trying

Pugs , sorry to hear that the app you have bought doesn’t work, ask Apple for a refund or the developers

And whilst I don’t have a clue when it comes to math equations and physics, I do understand the rest of what you say :slight_smile:

No need to apologise Pug, you keep our brains exercised :lol:

I have an iPad Air. I think it’s great!
Luckily, there was an 8 week course available locally to teach you how to use your iPad.
I attended that and learned things about my iPad, l didn’t know existed. We were also given paperwork for everything we learnt each week. I use this to refer to, at times when needed.

That sounds good Art :slight_smile: I have learnt using Youtube.

Those courses that Apple run at their stores for learning about its products and how to use them are really worth while. I attended a couple about my MacBook and found them useful.

Now,that may have beneficial effect,Ffosse-IF I didn’t live on an island and if the nearest Apple Shop wasn’t 46 miles away. HOWEVER,all is not lost-for last night was spent re-aligning and implanting a 7-section codec into the Apple biorythmic algorythm…ergo,that iPad has now become amenable to having Linux installed over the base o/s. It’s loading atm,via a ‘stand alone’ HDD that I rescued form an old HP tower system,to use as a storage modem for ‘in progress’ equations etc,right here,right beside this Dell [which,one has to say,really has impressed me with it’s speed,fluidity,and responsiveness-but that’s by-the-by]…so,I’ll let you know how it goes. [just don’t tell Apple-they’ll be less than impressed]

Much of that went right over my head except that you’ve managed to install Linux on an iPad.

Some techy things I’m pretty clued up on; others I have no idea. For instance I’ve barely ever used a Microsoft product thus have no clue about Windows or Microsoft’s own products (do they still make anything apart from the surface?)

I like Apple products for their simplicity of use and aesthetics. Most of them come with a built in tips app but I find them intuitive. Was my phone worth £1000? Perhaps not, but it is the best phone I’ve ever owned. Same goes for the iPad - iOs 11 really opened up its possibilities but I tend to stay away from the ultra techy side of things and just enjoy the device.

My MacBook may be a glorified Chromebook for all I use it for: I should really investigate more of what it can do, but I find it fine as is even with just the one USB-C port. I was surprised genuinely the other day when I discovered that it had a 3.5mm headphone jack. I, like many others have moved away to BT head and earphones.

YES,it’s loading perfectly…and WITHOUT needing to ‘jailbreak’ the iPad!

[If one were of lesser breeding,one would be demonstratively jubilant]

Pug, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you are able to set your IPad up the way you want it … hope it all goes well :smiley:

Inherited an iPad from Mrs Dobra. How can I reset it to as new condition please, so I can start from scratch ?

This video may help you Dobra …

There is a setting.

Settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings.

This will give you an as new iPad.

Got three…one stuck on iOS 9…use that one as a radio basically!
Another connected to the TV for streaming purposes.
And the new one that is completely up to date and used for everything you might use an iPad for-like paying off the credit card,ordering concert tickets,various word game apps.
If anyone is on WordswithFriends,Grabbyword,WordChums,Scrabblego,Wordfeud or Boggle look me up.
Also upload to my you tube channel.Not a lot there but it’s good!
And plain old surfing the web and posting on my various forums

Mine is incredibly useful. Mostly to assist my photography as it links together with my camera. Also use it to showcase my images to people. Sometimes I will lay in bed and watch stuff - or if I’m totally bored, a game or two of Candy Crush.

1 Like

It’s amazing to me that I lived most of my life without my iPad ! :slight_smile:
I can talk to my son in Australia with it I can store my paintings on it .
I can watch Netflix
There is not much it can’t do.

1 Like

Sudoku

1 Like