Do you have an ipad what do you use it for

It’s the only form of computer that I have so I use it for everything
I do have an older one that has become obsolete as it won’t access anything.

1 Like

I’ve got a samsung galaxy tab A - is that an ipad - always thought it was?

Ipads are a make of tablet made by Apple. Galaxy Tabs are made by Samsung. They have different operating systems, Ipads have Apple’s IOS and Tabs run Android.

2 Likes

so wot difference does that make to the price of sliced bread then ? It seems to do evreything that apple does emails ; forums ; searches etc - but how can I link it to the net - my laptop I use a dongle - that slots into a side vent and they charge me $30 a month to use -but the samsung won’t take a dongle heh? does the apple? dongle = usb

Yes, Sudoku, every time I fire it up, it tells me it ain’t been updated for three years or so, what does it expect from a Luddite?

Both have pros and cons to each, but by and large, what one can do, so can the other.
They should have wifi connectivity, but some will accept a sim card and can connect to a network.

My first Ipad had only wifi, which meant I could only use it online when I could access a local signal. So a workaround was to buy a “Mifi” box which had a sim to a network and it broadcast a wifi signal so I could use it anywhere.

If you have a smartphone, you can usually create a wifi hotspot to allow a tablet or other device to the internet via the phone. I’m unfamiliar with what dongle you’re using, but the Samsung will have a USB port and the Apple uses a Lightening Port, both are completely different, although you may find a widget which allows a USB into an Apple port (or vice versa)

The Wife has just bought the 10th generation ipad so I have inherited her old one, I hope this one isn’t to get updated periodically :grin:

Reading, art and creating music.

I have a very ancient IPad that the Apple don’t any more but still works fine

I’ve taken everything off a except the Kindle app and I use it to store recipe books I’ve bought on Kindle

I also take screen shots of recipes and store them in photos. It’s very useful and saves me cluttering up with too many recipe books

iPad? Errrrmmm