Do you have Alexa?

She tries to be friends with everyone. I just asked her. :astonished:

You must be getting old, JBR, if you have to get a robot to do that for you!

:deaf_man:

At @JBR 's age, it’s probably safer Ted.

I need no robot. I’m quite capable of doing it myself.
I just found it hilarious in a childish sort of way. Even Marge laughed.
And, of course, there’s no offensive odour so that pleased her even more.

I’ve never followed through yet.
Now stop posting stuff like this before some of the ladies see it.

2 Likes

Saw it. Noted it. Too late! :smiley:

Take no notice. Obliterate if from your memory.
Like Brian, he’s a very naughty boy.

We have Google assist and my son installed those smart plugs so voice command lights out. Some reminders too.

I have Siri but he never listens to me.

Wow AZZ, My son told me that too?
He has also taped over my tablet camera lens for the same reason !!

Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

No way would I have one for one very good reason. If you can ask questions to Alexa or similar do you realise that whatever you say someone can be listening all the time on the other end??? True but they don’t tell you this. It is like having a spy in the same room. One bit of kit to steer well clear of. if you don’t switch it off or unplug it. you may be having sex in the same rfoom and Alexa can hear all the OOOS and AAAARS and pleads for more when the poor guy is exhausted

Apart from your wish list, about sex, how, exactly, does the device know who is speaking?

Even further apart from the fact, wouldn’t Amazon have to enlist the whole of India to watch all posts?

And if they could track your discussions whilst not connected to base, or knowing exactly who is speaking, what use would any of the information gained be?

Maybe there are some facts around to support what you’re hinting?

Just another conspiracy theory, in my book.

Easier to tape over his mouth DM!

:100:

Reminds me of WW2 - “These walls have ears”

(Who ever saw an ice cream with ears?)

Alexa has pre-programmed responses to any questions. She has more to do with her time than listen to anybody’s wishful thinking :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t talk to the wife, so no eavesdropping.

I have a google home, don’t use it much.

1 Like

GOT YA. I didn’t think anyone would fall for it. Oh happy days are here again :rofl:

You need to pace yourself, RS, I’m guessing you are the sort that goes at it like a bull at a gate. I daresay you have loads of equipment too, knowing you. :icon_wink:

I don’t trust them either and there is something so sad about talking to a flaming little box.

2 Likes

Because it’s intelligent Zaphod … and it has a sense of humour.

It always makes me chuckle how people talk about a machine as if it’s real.

1 Like

I did try not to make it seem like a person, and I don’t think of it like that, but it was talking to me in the female voice, so it was subliminal …!!

1 Like