Do you have a favourite instant coffee?

A while ago I set myself on a mission to find the best instant coffee. I tried every one in the supermarket. After many weeks I found the one I liked best - Kenco rich. It’s the one with the blue top.

I like it so much that I don’t bother with my filter coffee maker anymore.

Do you have a favourite instant coffee?

1 Like

Hi

Yes, Lidl’s, cheap as chips and exactly the same as a well known expensive brand.

I’d go along with that,tried their Columbian style weren’t too keen on that.

We buy kenco de-caff

I used to really love the Kenco Rich - drank lots of it. Then, a few years ago, I had a really bad dose of Listeria - was ill for over a month - and since then, for some strange reason, I cannot tolerate coffee at all.

Sad because I miss it !!

I rarely drink coffee now, where as I used to be a two large jars a week girl

I like the kenco rich as well

Since we got our tassimo pod machine I haven’t had an instant. Used to like that liquid camp coffee, although my husband reckoned it wasn’t coffee at all :mrgreen:

Isn’t that the decaffeinated version???

Hi

Nope, Blue Top is scumbag nasty party coffee.

Red Top is the one for Marxists.:smiley:

I think green top is decaff. :slight_smile:

Not down this way - bought a jar of decaffeinated for a friend who can’t drink ordinary coffee - colour coded top is BLUE

Kenko has always been my favourite Coffee by a mile.
But I have to agree that Lidl’s coffee can be as good, plus it is cheaper of course.
We have a Lidl only a 10 minute walk away and I love it there.
If only because they don’t play the dreaded MUZAK and we can do our shopping in peace and quiet.
Aldi and Lidl are both like that so they get our business.

Which lidl coffee is it? The one with the gold lid, looks like Nescafé?

The one with the gold lid Missy.

https://www.lidl.de/media/product/0/1/8/0/8/0/7/bellarom-loeslicher-kaffee-gold-gefriergetrocknet.jpg

I’ll give that a try then, thank you

Because I now drink so little coffee, it tends to get damp and goes to a solid lump and dumped, which when you spend over a fiver on a jar of Nescafé or kenco, is a lot of money to waste

( I’m not tight, just hate waste)

Since giving up sugar I find that I had to change coffee as the Kenko rich wasn’t strong enough so I’m now using the Kenko Millicano which is really nice. When I went to my class last week they had bought a terrible cheap smooth coffee. Ugh like drinking cheap gravy mix.
I’m not a coffee snob but would rather spend less on something else rather than cut back on coffee.

I’m also a fan of Kenco Millicano which is the nearest thing to ‘proper’ coffee I’ve found.

Sainsburys had it on offer at half price recently so my cupboard is full of it!

I drink Nescafe Azera Americano…but I like the sound of the Kendo Millicano, will give it a try.
By the way I think it’s Sainsbury’s decaffeinated which has the blue lid, the Kendo decaf is definitely green.
The Kenco blue lid is Eco somethingorother…

THE BIG QUESTION IS

“Do you know the difference between coffee ant tea”

well the answer is “There is no F in tea”

My dad used to have that. Probably some throwback to his army days. Isn’t that chicory?