Do You Get Many Visitors These Days?

I think Covid put paid to a lot of people’s visiting times but now that we are more, or less back to some sort of normality, we can have as many as we want!

The thing is, do you really want visitors and would prefer to keep to yourself?

Do you get worried in case they stay too long and you find yourself saying in your head, ‘Hurry up and go, l want to watch my programme’.

That they might arrive with a bit of dirt on their shoes?

You’ve got to start waiting on them, making a cup of tea or coffee for them?

Have you ever pretended to be out?

Or, are you nothing like this at all and welcome everyone that visits you with a beaming smile and the biggest welcome?

2 Likes

I had the window cleaner come in for a coffee today, I don’t mind him wearing his boots, as I have laminate flooring, so can clean it as soon as he leaves, we had a good old natter ,for at least half an hour.

Have I ever pretended to be out, honestly, yes I have…:open_mouth:…I like my own company, but I have this forum to visit, so never really feel alone,:heartpulse:

2 Likes

I would welcome visitors, if I had any! And they would certainly be offered a cuppa. I only have my sister, and after her verbal attack on me recently it might be awhile. (She is ill atm though.)

2 Likes

Pauline, Please tell me, when you’ve pretended to be out, where did you hide?

2 Likes

:rofl:…I have a spy hole in my door, looked to see who it was, said sorry Lord, I can’t cope with him today, so just crouched down by the door…trouble was,Jack wouldn’t stop barking,:joy::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this,Jazzi, I hope you make up soon.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh, I hid from the bloke next door last week. I had my front room shutters closed, and didn’t get up from the sofa. Instead, I opened up the Ring doorbell app, watched the clip, activated by him pressing the bell, and decided not to bother. He was waving some kind of decorated cup cake at the camera (saw a birthday banner the next door on their door).

I was watching Emmerdale at the time, far more important. He handed me some dog collars recently, even though I had politely declined them, saying Holly has a new one ready to go on. So that means I now have to get rid of them.

2 Likes

Jazzi, l am sorry your sister isn’t too well. I hope she gets well soon and able to visit you.

Thanks Pauline. I have spoken to her and texted, but it will take a long time to forgive or forget, if I ever will.

2 Likes

Jazzi That really made me laugh, that watching Emmerdale was far more important than your visitor! :laughing:

1 Like

Because he is a bloody nuisance!

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

This reminds me when working for BT doing a large house phone installation on a Saturday. Dead posh house and we all had different shoes, ie slippers, when we went inside and had to walk on deep pile carpets.
Along came our level one manager (bloody useless he was) and walked across the grass verge treading in dogs mess and straight into the owners house. You should have heard the house owner, She gave it to him full blast. Mainly referring to him as a manager Incompetent should not even be in charge of walking a dog etc etc was going to sue him personally and how we all took care and he didn’t.

Awy from the house afterwards we all had to,shall we say smiled ,and on Monday he didn’t show his face

1 Like

I do admit I ask visitors or tradespeople if they would kindly remove their shoes in the porch, or wear shoe coverings. To date, all have complied without fuss. I just have to make sure Holly doesn’t make a dash for them. She does love a shoe or slipper, that one. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t encourage visitors really, but if someone turned up I would be hospitable. I don’t mind tradesmen because they are there to fix something, but I do wish they would hurry up and be gone. I’m not one of these people who hover and watch while they work either…I don’t want to distract them. Just get the job done and thanks, bye. :joy:

1 Like

I receive zero visitors. I don’t count my daughter as a visitor.

But, if someone arrived unexpectedly, I’d lay out the red carpet. It’s an eastern cultural thing to be extremely hospitable. It’s seen as a blessing.

4 Likes

We do have a few visitors. We have the neighbours across from us in quite regularly, And a few others that we see see/visit us from time to time. Then we visit one of our neighbours pretty much every day, She has bad legs so rarely gets out so my wife and she have a long chat. In the meantime I go to the convenience store if she needs anything.

Then there the social people and their dogs we meet everyday.

2 Likes

Jazz yet another story about shoes and indoors from my working with BT.

A house in Wimbledon had been converted an as a mosque. and they wanted a coinbox in the hallway. It was one of those 18x33" grey boards with the box and tele mounted on it. We had to wear steel capped shoes incase it fell on our feet.
Now they said “no shoes it holy place no shoes”
I said “no shoes no coinbox for safety reasons”
them “you don’t understand this is holy place no shoes”
This went of for several minuites until I started to pack up and walk out
Then “ok you keep shoes on we make exception as your not of out faith”

So much for their faith I thought to myself

1 Like

As a very close couple we are sufficient unto each other, but we do welcome our family at any time. As for the rest, we are not fussed and to be honest, we would rather they stayed away; although most have left this life and those few remaining are too far away for just nipping in for the odd 30mins or so.

1 Like

Any time someone knocks at my door, they are welcome. If they think enough of me to want to talk, or have coffee and a laugh, I am happy they came to see me.
Letting friends in my home is letting sunshine in my heart.
Note: I can always clean up later and set the place back to rights. :wink:

4 Likes