Do you exercise?

It’s basically marching on the spot!
We used to do that at primary school!

Walk 1 Mile at Home

[B]https://youtu.be/njeZ29umqVE[/B]

Thank you ruthio,…she has a great aura that women,so positive!

I’m off to get my gym gear on!.

I used to exercise a lot including spin classes up until recently as my arthritic knee has been playing up so I haven’t been able to go to the gym. I used to swim a lot too but thats gone by the by lately as I’ve been so busy working 2 jobs and taking care of my Dad.

I walk the dog every day.

I never stop from morning till night so I think I do get enough exercise anyway.

I miss my swimming and need to get back into it.

Gutted about my knee, I enjoyed the gym :frowning:

I know just how you feel, I was gutted when I had to give up my Linedancing. Bloody knees. :hug:

You all put the stereotype of 50+ as being a time of inactivity - to shame.

I run six days per week for a total of about 30 miles, surf whenever it’s up but not to big to kill me :lol:, do step aerobics 5-6 times per week with three pound weights, cycle when I can, and occasionally go to the gym.

:hug: right backatcha Roxy. Sorry you have the bloody rotten knees too. x

Apart from the exercises, I enjoy the company of the others too.
I live on my own, no longer go to work, so often wouldn’t see anyone if I didn’t make an effort to join things and be with people.

So it does us good in more than one way IMO.

Got your blinkers on again Pauline?..

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=26924

I walk about 5 or 6km each morning and about the same each evening (Well, I say each evening actually it is winter so usually 3pm ish because it is dark about 5pm)

That’s a great point!

I do like a Mars Bar afterwards. :cry:

I exercise quite a bit at home,but do miss the social side of the gym,I am thinking about joining again.

We also have a 24hr gym here,…I would imagine in the early hrs of the morning,it would be monitored by cctv,…I wouldn’t feel comfortable,working out at 3 am in the morning.

The title should have read: How Often Do You Exercise?

See how much better that is?

I’m always intending to start tomorrow.

Everyday. I have dogs who ‘expect’ to be walked.:cool:

Have you tried swimming? It’s a great for total fitness ,also pool walking ,the waters resistance mean you can build up leg , butt and stomach muscles it will be hard to do on land. Until lockdown I use to swim most days … as soon as I get my second jab I shall be back in the pool . Until then it’s dog walking .

I recently unearthed a 4 way resistance band thing I bought a couple of years ago. After looking up Youtube for guidance on exercises (its like 4 rubber loops connected in the middle) I discovered it wasn’t actually for arms and legs, which I had been using it for previously, it was for abdominals! So, last night I lay on the floor like an upturned tortoise, with this thing looped around each arm and leg, and proceeded to stretch. Much to the hilarity of Mr P - and the dog, who thought it was a game and jumped all over me, barking! Great fun, but not for me :smiley:

Brilliant Pixie, started my day off with a smile…:smiley:

It’s been my experience that these exercising aids come and go, and the best that you can expect is a few weeks/months of bending and stretching before depositing said equipment in the back of the cupboard. To really get longevity out of an exercising schedule you need to love your chosen activity. At the age of 27 I went out for my first run, and it nearly killed me. But do you know what? After the run, it made me feel like I had never felt before, alive but somehow relaxed and content, so I went again…The rest is history. Don’t treat movement of any kind as exercise, treat it as one of life’s experiences to be enjoyed. When you look out of the window, don’t focus on the glass, but the view beyond…:wink:

What a lovely way to put it, Foxy! From how you explain the feelings after a run, it sounds like its the way I feel after being out on the bike, or a good walk. :smiley:

Happily back to playing golf once or twice a week.

The great thing, about golf, is that the worse you play, the more exercise you get.

So, I probably walk about 10 miles, whilst my opposition player might only do three or four - in the same game!

:wink: