Do you exercise?

Do you exercise?

And what type of exercise do you do,…if any?:slight_smile:

1 Like

I do 2 exercises classes a week, plus two yoga classes, plus walk my dogs and do plenty of gardening.

It frustrates me though, as I cannot take them the lovely long distances I used to, as I have foot problems now.

I make frequent trips to the kitchen for cups of tea - does that count?

Not as often as I should :frowning:

Can I ask,what type of exercise classes they are ,Mups.

Do you think,your foot problems were caused through exercise?:slight_smile:

Mainly walking three dogs three times a day. I also go out on one of my bikes as often as I can. I did a three mile run/walk/crawl today by way of a bit of training for my Run For Life next month. Far too hot though. I did complete it but I have to admit there was more walking and drinking water than anything.

I walk about 100 miles a week.
http://i.imgur.com/u5OEP67.jpg

What I call the ‘ordinary’ exercise classes are made up of fairly simple things with small dumbells and/or leg weights (optional), and just a simple run through to get muscles working.

My yoga is with the Hindu people, who teach differently to the English Hatha yoga.
We gently exercise just about every part of our body.
We do special breathing, and balance, suppleness, fingers, hands, toes, and even eyes exercises - everything.

Exercise isn’t all about building muscle IMO, and maintaining suppleness and balance is very important as we get older, even for simple daily things like reaching your shoe laces or toe nails! :slight_smile:

Thanks for explaining,Mups,

I can imagine that,:slight_smile:

The “Post your daily exercise” thread will give some good info about this. Everyone chips in to describe how their training is going and they’re a good bunch.

I go to the gym three times a week and do weight-training and, recently, I have decided to get my creaky legs loosened up on an exercise bike there. I train pretty hard and usually aim to burn at least 800 calories per session, and I can check this because the machines are computerised and each member has a data key to slot into them to monitor calories and total weight lifted. I love it. :slight_smile:

I swim 5 mornings a week between 40 n 50 lengths of the pool, depending on how I’m feeling and how busy it is. I also walk the dog every day, then there’s the work with the Clydes and what ever Himself needs me to help out with. When I get time I have Agility Classes with the dog as well. I get more than enough exercise.

If you want I can post a video of how to walk a mile in your home.
I find this woman extremely irritating but my friend loves her and walks around 3 miles quite often in her living room!!

Edit: Roxy that’s very impressive!
I used to swim regularly but even on a good day never managed more than 30-35 lengths.
The trouble is what with getting there and back and all the palaver it seems to take half the day for only about half an hour in the water!

Hi

Exercise is fun.

Making love expends 300 calories, so if you make love 10 times a day you can lose 1 lb a day.

That is a stone a fortnight.:-p

I would love to see that video,ruthio,…

IT sounds like you have a very structured and organised life,doing all that you do.

It’s basically marching on the spot!
We used to do that at primary school!

Walk 1 Mile at Home

[B]https://youtu.be/njeZ29umqVE[/B]

Thank you ruthio,…she has a great aura that women,so positive!

I’m off to get my gym gear on!.

I used to exercise a lot including spin classes up until recently as my arthritic knee has been playing up so I haven’t been able to go to the gym. I used to swim a lot too but thats gone by the by lately as I’ve been so busy working 2 jobs and taking care of my Dad.

I walk the dog every day.

I never stop from morning till night so I think I do get enough exercise anyway.

I miss my swimming and need to get back into it.

Gutted about my knee, I enjoyed the gym :frowning:

I know just how you feel, I was gutted when I had to give up my Linedancing. Bloody knees. :hug: