Do you exercise?

Sorry Barry, for you I have the greatest of respect…:smiley:
However…The post was titled ‘Do You Exercise’…
Perhaps we should post another one titled ‘Why don’t you Exercise’

Hi

I exercise every day, even when bed bound.

Very little just as much as I can.

It gives me a purpose in life.

My routine has not changed, still have my early morning swim 40/50 lengths of the pool, an hour or so walk with the dog, gardening, exercising the Clydes several times a week. Some people think riding a horse is not exercise but it fair gives your thigh muscles a work out. I also work around the farm if Himself needs me to help out. Not so much the now but from April to November I can work a lot…:slight_smile:

You sound very healthy, Roxy.

I’ve always been an active wee Bunny Ffosse. My Mum always told everyone I’d ants in my pants lol as I couldn’t sit still. :lol::lol::lol:

I can remember being very active as a child - street football, cycling and climbing trees.

They wouldn’t let kids climb trees nowadays would they?

What makes anyone think work can’t be good for the mind too, while I’m working I get immense pride and satisfaction from what I am doing, I listen to music relaxes me. It’s social too I meet lovely people. Without it I’d be as depressed and anxious as I used to be.

My husband too loves his job he’s a different man without work.

Of course kids climb trees, even grace with her disability can manage to get up some trees. Her favourite though is the zip wire they put between the trees she loves that.

What if you work in a Gym?:lol:

Personally I think that to say work isn’t exercise is ridiculous. I have never visited a gym in my life but have always maintained my fitness through manual work and other activities, so if the point of exercise is to maintain personal well being and fitness then I have managed to meet that brief without ever exercising for it’s own sake.

Having said that though, if exercise for it’s own sake gives you a buzz then I’m very happy for you, just a personal choice and whatever floats your boat… :wink:

Don’t they require crash helmets like cyclists now do?

When I was younger it was very rare to see a cyclist wearing a helmet.

Well it’s all been happening in here hasn’t it? I’ll post a general reply here and then single out a few of your other posts separately…

The main talking point seems to be “Is work exercise and/or fitness?”. To that I would say it depends on the level and scope of the work involved. Anything beyond breathing is burning calories in some form or another, and manual labour is obviously more energetic than sitting at a desk.
But I understand OGF’s point entirely and those who don’t simple don’t follow a dedicated exercise routine or programme. There is a difference there.

My other main point is to those who simply exercise, period. Those folk are obviously not caring for their health in a way that they should be and may suffer long term illness as a result. Everybody needs some form of exercise to keep the joints, bones and heart rate in tow, and to dismiss keeping moderately fit as something which is "only for fanatics” is trite and ignorant.

Back to my original post, and it would great to see more folk post in this section. Up to you folks.:cool:

Nothing wrong with that, Mags, despite missing the point a little…:confused:

Excellent Nom:038: Looking forward to your experience.
Any help you need, we’ll be sure to assist if we can :slight_smile:

As long as he’s using a good lifting technique and not overburdening himself to one side pulling his back, he should be okay I think. Depends on his general health I would say.

That’s good, Swimmy. As little or as much as is possible is better than nothing at all :slight_smile:

Define a “fanatic” please, Barry and why it’s relevant to this thread?

I don’t follow, Spitfire?:confused:
As a PT, cleaner, receptionist…?

Nobody’s arguing with you, Barry:confused:

It was in reply to the last paragraph by Old Grey Fox in post #13, in which he gave me the impression, rightly or wrongly, that anyone not interested should not have an opinion on the matter and by saying that he sounded rather fanatical to me…