Do you ever watch black and white movies?

I find so many of them to be great movies. Not overly complicated, slower than today’s frenetic movies.
What are some of your favourite black and white old movies?
Some memorable movies, All about Eve, The Grapes of Wrath, A Streetcar named Desire, On the Waterfront, Judgement at Nuremberg, Man of Aran.

Yep… sometimes although not very often.

Good job I don’t make moves, the lighting on my picture is appalling!

1 Like

The lighting thing when taking own photos happens to me as well.
Got to get the angle just right. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s a wonderful life
James Stewart and Donna Reed .
It’s a Christmas must watch. I’m welling up just thinking about it.

Casablanca yes a favourite B&W … another with a must have tissues ready ending

1 Like

I make my old b/w fashioned type movies

Yet another of my secret vices, I like a good giggle at a Carry On film :crazy_face:

A lot of the early ones were in black and white, Carry On Regardless in a good ‘un

1 Like

Most of my favourites are in B&W

2 Likes

That must bring a lot of pleasure to you.
Anywhere I can view them?

Had no choice before Colour TV, never watched Black and White since.

1 Like

only do shorts up to now due to previous internet slow uploads
original

now same made to look as old time movie

so what do you think of my effort. oh that clicking was down to the lens refocusing. Won’t happen any more with my new video camcorder

1 Like

Amazing. How is the colour removed?
I have gone to your channel and subscribed :slightly_smiling_face:

got to sort out something back later

1 Like

Video unavailable, video is private

ok got sorted now will start another, just had to upgrade the editing suite I use, then relink it to youtube

1 Like

Black and white certainly ages film and subject matter.
How is the colour removed?

hang on give me a bit of time and hopefully * can do a demo video for you hopefully*
here you go. not the easiest to do but gives some idea using “adobe premier elements suite”

1 Like

I still watch black and white movies, though not as often as I like. Casablanca remains a favourite as does The African Queen, also the Ealing Studio movies like Passport to Pimlico, The LadyKillers, Kind Hearts and Coronets etc

I have most of them on my home server now ripped from the DVD originals so not HD quality but good enough to watch when I can.

1 Like

Where do you go to find black and white videos streaming online? I found a list of black and white movies made after 1966. I even found a list of black and white movies on Netflix, but it’s an old list and most of them aren’t on Netflix anymore.

Wow, it must give you great satisfaction to be able to indulge in your passion and to share that passion with the world.
Well done you.

Here are some I found on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc5RR1k57YQ3Qk2tiRWYkyTk1Oy5KVPd5

1 Like