Do you ever watch black and white movies?

Thank you! I didn’t think to look there. :slightly_smiling_face:

I started watching this one about a quick shooter in the west, running from people who are trying to gain respect from their peers by beating the quickest draw. Lots of recognizable names in the credits.

Good to be quick on the draw. :grinning:
Enjoy all those great movies. Most of them are so much better than what is on offer today.

1 Like

This is from the only “modern” B&W I’ve seen.

2 Likes

@Bretrick There is a UK Freeview channel that is dedicated to older B&W films, Talking Pictures TV on Ch 82.

1 Like
1 Like

I never watched that movie. Was it watchable?

of course it was.

1 Like

Yes. Some favourites Breakfast at Tiffany’s, It happened one night, Rebecca, Casablanca, Shane, Roman Holiday etc. my all time favourite is Daddy Longlegs

I have black and white movies on my watchlist and enjoy all of them. To view : A raisin in the sun, The Philadelphia Story, His Girl Friday, Citizen Kane, The Maltese Falcon.

1 Like

There’s some excellent ones there.His Girl Friday with Cary Grant is brilliant.

2 Likes

I don’t know Daddy Longlegs though

2 Likes

I’ve got the Third Man on my watchlist too!

2 Likes

It’s a musical. Not B/W though.

2 Likes

If you like Orson Welles." Touch of evil " is a good one but I can’t remember whether it’s colour or B&W :grinning:

1 Like

I do! I’ll check it out - thanks! :023:

2 Likes

Brett is going to be sorry he started this.

Another :

You don’t get dialogue in new films.

1 Like

I just started watching this… :039:

1 Like

Brett is never sorry for bring people with like minded interests together. :slightly_smiling_face:
It is what life is about, people enjoying interacting with each other.
Plus we get to introduce and share some of those forgotten great movies that are rarely even heard of these days.
Ever watch Man of Aran? Incredible insight into how tough it was scraping a living “Way back When”.
Man of Aran 1934

1 Like

Bringing up Baby is another good Grant one.In fact all Cary Grant films are good.

1 Like

I wanted to be old enough to share such thoughts, but I ain’t, so there. :smiley:

Flippin’ kids!