Do you ever go for a drive out into the country

Away from the City/Town that you live in?
A couple of weeks ago I done 230 km round trip form Perth to Yanchep to Gin Gin to Bindoon to Perth.
It was so great to be away from everything. Stopping often to take in the sight and silence.
See the countryside that we rarely get to see because of the pace of life now days.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t live in a city. The closed village was four miles away.

2 Likes

I live in the countryside, in a small town & Dartmoor is 10 minutes away walking straight up. Another few minutes walk & there are farms & fields.

3 Likes

I also live in the country ( rural area ) and sometimes take a drive into the city.

5 Likes

We donā€™t drive that far, but we often take a trip out around the county for up to four hours, stopping for a brew and an ice cream as well if possible.
We can be out into open countryside by car in under five minutes, or on foot within about fifteen.

2 Likes

I wish I could and if I could I definitely wouldā€¦

I love driving, however havenā€™t had a car since 2011. Currently, canā€™t afford one. Saw a cute wee Mini the other day waiting for the bus. Would love one second hand, might be the cheaper option ā€¦ Who knows!

3 Likes

It must have run out of petrol.

3 Likes

We are in a leafy (there used to be a lot more) suburb,If we drive anywhere it would be Gippsland,South Victoria.Some of it is very UK looking.

1 Like

Can you tell me the meaning of a Closed Village please?

Must be so great living in the countryside. I hope to retire to the country. At the moment I live in a city of 2.2 million people so getting away is so peaceful.

Lovely sky, you would not go to the city very often then?

So close to the countryside. It takes me about half an hour to be away from the city confines.
You have the ideal position.

If you save a small amount each months then in 12 months? you could have your get away car. :+1:

I have never been to that part of Victoria. Beautiful country Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

I drove from Ipoh to Tanah Rata a few days ago, does that count?

How much countryside do you want?

Pick your rut carefully because you will be in it for the next 120km

2 Likes

No I rarely go into the city.
Iā€™m not a city person but not a ā€˜green acresā€™ type either. Lol

1 Like

Hi

Something I used to love to do, just take off when I wanted.

Whilst still legally allowed to drive, being on 24/7 Morphine it is not something I am comfortable with.

I do however have the next best thing.

I have given my car to one of my helpers, a single mother, and once a fortnight we go out for the day, somewhere I choose and it works for me.

2 Likes

I live in a small villageā€¦less than 200 people live hereā€¦I have sheep for neighbours and I love themā€¦they donā€™t answer back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suppose it does. Countryside out of Ipoh. :slightly_smiling_face:

If I lived over there, I would visit ā€œIpohā€ everyday :icon_wink:

1 Like

Such a marvellous thing to do. Your helper gets a car, and you get to go out into the countryside. Everyoneā€™s a winner. :slightly_smiling_face:

So lucky to be no where near a large city. Perth has 2.2 million people and I do not get away as often as I would like.

1 Like

just baaā€¦

Mind you its a bit relative isnā€™t it? Lot of English countryside is a damn sight closer to London than I am to Sydney for example.

1 Like