Do You Do The Ironing....Well?

I love ironing…and I stand by that video in its entirety. So there! :joy:

I notice there is no ironing emoji from the forum list to use…how strange :thinking: I’ll grab one from elsewhere. :smiley:

2 Likes

Even Super Hero’s have to iron

:grinning:

2 Likes

Our iron only gets the occasional outing if summat is shouting out for it. Usually all the laundry is dried upside down to how worn so making it all dry wrinkle free. Bedding is folded as soon as off the line so that wont need ironing either, likewise the towels etc.

I do it sufficiently well but not perfect.

2 Likes

I hate ironing …I still iron jeans ,tops & knitwear .
Then there’s duvet covers and pillowcases they get a iron.

Be careful, before you know it you will be progressing to ironing more and more.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I singed one of Mr M’s shirts when I was 17, a long long time ago, … and haven’t touched an iron since. I’m not allowed to.

Sometimes I wonder if I’ve missed out on something exhilarating but have learnt to live with the regret.

4 Likes

Exhilarating isn’t a word normally associated with ironing…yet I found myself smiling in agreement anyway :smiley:

1 Like

I have heard it’s very relaxing and soothing … I try for the same effect with hoovering.

2 Likes

Oh heavens, that reminds me! I ordered carpets today…I’ll need to get a hoover now :scream:

1 Like

I am good at ironing.
My husband was good at it too and he preferred to do his own shirts and trousers - military training requires weird precision creases where I thought creases should not be! :joy:

I used to iron the kids shirts/blouses until they reached the age of about 14, then I started teaching them how to iron their own.

Eventually, I manoeuvred myself out of a job! :wink:

Nowadays, with modern materials and laundry processes, I wear hardly any clothing that requires ironing.
The items I iron most often is my cotton bedding - I do like to slide into a bed with smooth, well-ironed white cotton sheets, pillowcases and duvet cover, so I think it’s worth the ironing time. :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh yes … bliss … you can’t beat burrowing down into freshly laundered sheets.

2 Likes

What ironing. :pleading_face::blush:

2 Likes

Nothing? Not even…a…a…hanky?

Not since steam rollers stopped going past the house

1 Like

To any sceptic, I say just try not ironing for a month and see if the world comes to an end. It might sound scary, but there really is no risk involved. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ironing is not one of my most favourite jobs.
Just another job to be done and over with, to me.

1 Like

Its a risk I’m not willing to take I’m afraid…creased clothing gives me the heebie jeebies and my fingers twitch to try and make it nice and smooth. :joy:

1 Like

I’m the same with bobbles on my woolly jumpers.

1 Like

You still crack on and get it done though :slight_smile: