Do people still have Fruitbowls?

Ohh, this reminds me of the fake wax fruits people had displayed in the 70’s…the fake grapes and apples!

I have apples, pears, oranges & a banana. The banana is the only one that’s yellow painted, the others are polished wood.

1 Like

I’ve seen them, they look very stylish :+1:

1 Like

I always buy them from car boots/charity shops if I see them. :grin:

1 Like

Lucky finds then! :smiley: I haven’t seen them anywhere for sale…just as part of shop displays when they are trying to show off something to best effect.

Hi

Tiffany, I get mine from the charity shops as well.

I give them a good shine with beeswax

1 Like

All fruited up and ready for action!

3 Likes

Nice! Some beautiful fruit there. Now I’m hungry. :yum:

2 Likes

I love my emoji grape, kind of cute!

3 Likes

Pucker up! :kissing: :joy:

1 Like

Him or me?

1 Like

The grape, Chillboot, the grape! :joy: That’s what came to mind when I saw it. Not that I am in the habit of kissing grapes, I might add…

1 Like

I do have a fruit bowl, I don’t like it on show, so it’s tucked away in my kitchen cupboard.:smiley:

1 Like

This is interesting Pauline…why don’t you like your fruitbowl on show?

1 Like

It’s just how I am, …:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes I have a big one with Canterbury on it, full to the top with fruit.
Jazzi has seen it.

I still have a fruit bowl, mine is a large wooden one. Bought from a car boot for 50p & late OH rubbed it down & stained & polished it for me all those years ago & I’m still using it.

I have a couple of glass fruit bowls which belonged to my mother.

I usually buy oranges, apples, grapes, kiwi fruit and bananas.

I love grapefruits but can no longer eat them due to my meds.

I have a fruit bowl in the kitchen , it is full of bags of dog treats /training rewards.

Most fruit except bananas I keep in the fridge. I like it cold. Unripe soft fruit like peaches, nectarines, Kiwi I put a couple at a time in a dish on the window sill.

I have a fruit bowl on my kitchen worktop, it’s stainless steel, probably a mixing bowl.
At the moment it has an Apple, 2 lemons, 2 avocados and a grapefruit.
I don’t keep fruit in the fridge but keep bananas in a cupboard as I read they shouldn’t be near other fruit.