Do people still have Fruitbowls?

Melancholy melon :joy: :watermelon:

3 Likes

You couldnā€™t make it up!
Iā€™ve just been into town to pick up a few supplies before I drag out the kayak and paddle off to work.
I happened to glance into the window of a charity shop and this was the first thing I saw, it was almost crying out for me to buy it .

I love the colour and lustre of the glass and the kind of spirally almost hypnotic pattern.
This is now officially the new fruit bowl :+1:

3 Likes

Omg! See! The Universe does listen after all! :clap:

2 Likes

Indeedā€¦ thank you The Universe! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Itā€™s beautiful - hypnotizing.

1 Like

Sounds delish. I like banana pancakes with honey and cinnamon and some sour cream or natural yoghurt.

1 Like

Ohhh now, hereā€™s me thinking I was fancy with the honey, but you went next level bananaā€¦! Canā€™t wait for breakfast tomorrow now! :joy:

1 Like

Mrs d00d is in charge of buying the fruit, and she loves it ā€¦ checking out lots of market stalls. She buys lots, and we eat lots. We have two or three fruit bowls on the go, in the kitchen diner, only ever putting fruit in the fridge when we go away for a few days or more. We have one near the window, we have one in a dark corner. She examines the contents ever day to see all is ripening nicely.

2 Likes

Glad to see Mrs d00d is as fruity as the rest of us :+1: I just got some reduced mangoes this morning, I feel so lucky!

2 Likes

That is really beautiful!

1 Like

Get these in your fruitbowl too :+1:
Although I do prefer mine in a moreā€¦ermā€¦liquid format :wine_glass:

1 Like

I prefer my grapes in liquid formā€¦ :wine_glass: :champagne:

2 Likes

365 ā€¦ start the day with grapes for breakfast, finish the day with a glass of wine.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan!

I love grapes and am currently hooked on the Egyptian Red variety.

1 Like

We have red and/or white grapes. A dozen on our muesli / porridge.

Red wine.

1 Like

I wish I liked wine. My kids drink wine as well as beer and I sometimes feel I am missing out but I have yet to taste a wine I really like. The nearest I have come is half a schooner of port mixed with half a schooner of tonic water when I was suffering from cramp. The port was just to disguise the taste of the tonic water but it did help me sleep.

2 Likes

Port gives you gout. But helps you sleep when fortified with brandy.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Port and Brandy together also settle a gippy tum!

My goodnessā€¦I was always advised never to mix drinks! :astonished:

googles port and brandy mixes

1 Like

I have a wooden fruit bowl, but at present it is full of wooden fruit because I ran out of edible fruit. :grin:

1 Like