Do extra terrestrials exist

I had some in my fridge dated 26th Dec but was still eating the thing by the 2nd Jan. It had tangerines in the centre.

Huge space log?
So thatā€™s what God thinks of us.

Some of the weird things seen in the skies can be explained, something like 99%, can be identified as weather phenomenon or such, but the other 1% is unidentifiable, there must be life on other planets, the law of averages must come into play, it canā€™t be that the earth evolved with just the right conditions for life and itā€™s not been repeated elsewhere, not necessarily in our universe, but have we been visited by etā€¦? who knowsā€¦maybe one day weā€™ll find outā€¦

Afraid not Primusā€¦:009:

We are the most advanced species that ever lived.
I donā€™t know where people get the idea from, that if there is other life out there, they must be far more advanced than usā€¦
The first human remains on earth were found to be a few million years old. Itā€™s taken us until now to get where we are today. Even if there was life so far away that we could never identify it, they might be at quite a different stage in their evolution. Just animals roaming their world. Or with a different chemistry completely, borne out of the different components that make up their world.

Just look how progress has speeded up over the last hundred years, it has progressed faster than over the previous few million years. And it gets faster each year. The law of averages suggests that it can not accelerate at this rate for much longer. Progress and our intelligence will be our downfall. We should have been satisfied to sit round a campfire scratching out drawings on cave walls. Now look whatā€™s happened as a result of our greed and love of modern technology, we are speeding headlong into our demise, until even we will not have the means to even fly to the moon let alone out of our galaxyā€¦

I have a feeling you could be right there, OGF, specially at the rate we are destroying our planet, probably not in our children or grandchildrens lives, maybe not greatgrandchildrens either, but eventually if no one does anything about it to get all countries working together as partners to stop it.

Iā€™m not saying thereā€™s intelligent life out there and have found a way to visit us, we are in one galaxy of many, astronomers have found ā€œ Goldilocks ā€œ planets, where conditions are just right to produce life, after all where do we come from, itā€™s now thought life was brought here on comets and meteorites that crashed into the still forming earth,

I donā€™t think that will ever happen Tiffā€¦A lot of countries give it lip service but donā€™t actually do anything. And even the things we are doing that we think will help, are still a cost to the planet. We just change one bad thing for another. The sheer weight of numbers is our main disadvantage, and there seems no solution to that. But we havenā€™t suffered any really serious natural disasters yet as in the past, but there might be one just around the corner. The earth is a living, changing, and unstable environment, so changes will happen despite our best efforts.

I very much doubt it Primus, when scientist start using the word ā€˜Thoughtā€™ or ā€˜Estimatedā€™ you might as well ask Steven Spielberg, heā€™s as good a person as anybody to ask because heā€™s got imagination, like some of us on hereā€¦:smiley:

Comet!

Covid 19 seems close though. If no one had done anything about it & all of us like a lot of covidiots had stuck our heads in the sand saying it wonā€™t happen to me, then most of us would be dead by now.

No, no tail, all comets have a tail.

Meteor then?

Or how about this:

Ball lightning is something that many people claim to have seen and, yes, it moves slowly or not at all which admittedly doesnā€™t fit your description.
A very interesting phenomenon too, and one which has yet to receive a convincing explanation.

What if in our lifetimes Carbon Dating was found to be seriously flawed?

Now that would be one in the eye for science spittyā€¦:cool:

During the 1990ā€™s, there were thought to be 200 billion galaxies in the universe. Today it is thought that the number of galaxies exceeds 2 trillion galaxies. So, how many planets per galaxy ? An estimated 50 billion/galaxy. How many planets in total in the entire universe ? 50 billion X 2 trillion . Good heavens, thatā€™s 50 X2 X billion X trillion.

Personally, I am quite certain that the universe is over-flowing with life. Everything from bacteria to ultra-advanced life. I agreed with Carl Sagan when he said that there are more STARS in the universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches of earth.
Have aliens ever been here ? I seriously doubt it but if there is no other intelligent, sentient life in the universe , then that is one heck of a lot of wasted space.

Exactly bakerman, the earth canā€™t be the only planet that has evolved life , there must be some kind of life somewhere, whether weā€™ll ever find it, or it find us, we might never knowā€¦

Spent a lifetime looking for the ā€œBig Pictureā€ finally seen it on a 65" Tele.:lol::wink:

https://i.ibb.co/18nKLcR/C4-CFFF40-EDEB-436-B-81-FB-850-F8201-D5-F1.jpg

The obvious problem with any thought of aliens actually ever visiting earth, is the tremendous distances involved. Our closest star neighbor is Alpha Centauri, a mind-boggling 4.65 LIGHT YEARS AWAY. With our current technology, it would take us hundreds and hundreds of years to reach it.

A fun thing to think about is that our radio signals have been reaching Alpha Centauri beginning 4.65 years AFTER our 1st radio broadcasts. What would THEY think about US based on our music ?

I remember watching Brian Cox talking about life on other planets he said he was sure it existed but to find other life like ours here on earth he was sure that would not exist. He said we evolved from a series of genetic accidents that would be impossible to emulate.

Iā€™m sure there must be life on other planets throughout the universe. There is no logical reason why Earth, out of all the billions of other habitable planets, should be the one exception.

There will also be a range of ā€˜levelsā€™ of life, from microbes to beings which far exceed our development, intelligence and abilities.

I wonder whether weā€™ll ever actually ā€˜make contactā€™ with any of them.