DIY Skills

Thank you.:mrgreen:

I have done most things really and did it professionally for a while. I worked out I have fitted 50 odd bathrooms and twelve kitchens including tiling and decorating. The only thing I have not been able to master (and donā€™t really want to) is plastering. I take after my Dad who has always had a go first, then if he couldnā€™t do it, would get someone in.

I enjoy a certain amount of gardening and have laid patios and decking and built a few walls in my time.

My figure 36 24 36 and I hope for World peace. :lol::-p

Just taken down the vine donā€™t like the grapes anyway, now more light for the greenhouse and small flower patch

At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, Iā€™m very good at DIY. Iā€™ve damn-near rebuilt our house over the years including fitting my own PVC windows and patio doors, three kitchens (when the missus got fed up with them), altered the bathroom four times (missus to blame again :slight_smile: ), installed central heating, converted the loft into our master bedroom and other things too numerous to mention. Also installed a large decking platform at the back of the house for the missus so that she could sit out in summer, but sadly, she didnā€™t live long enough to enjoy it. :frowning:

Would have been easier to change the wife Judd :smiley:

all I could manage was a side flank block wall extn to a 1930ā€™s 3 bed semi with joining garage, and that was only 18 ft by about 9 ft and single story behind my garage with a fire check door into the garage, That was way back in the mid 70s
It did mean taking down a chimney in the kitchen putting in an RSJ support and moving the kitchen door to where the chimney was so it led into the extn, and putting a window in where the door used to be. That stopped a through draft passage from the front door down the hall straight to the place where the old door position was. Then of course re arranging the kitchen fittings because of the extra work space
Actually extended the extn to go past the back of the house with a return wall with a stable door in it

Iā€™m rubbish ā€¦ :smiley: I once sawed through a gas pipe with a fag hanging out of my mouth and thatā€™s when I discovered Iā€™m a pretty good sprinter when I have to be.

:lol::lol: That made me laughā€¦

Iā€™m excellentā€¦I do it for a living

Done this and that, more importantly, no longer seek perfection, not even a professional can offer that.

Iā€™m another one thatā€™s rubbish.
I do all the gardening and growing stuff, but no good with inside jobs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

;-):wink:

50 years ago I was servicing my own car, 40 years ago I was growing veg, tiling a bathroom wall, 20 years ago I was still doing my own decorating. But nowadays I leave all that to the younger generation.

I wish there was a like button hereā€¦brilliant Bratti!

Managed to stop the leaking from the down pipe that may be an expansion from the boiler, whenever the central heating went on. I stuck some Gorilla tape around the join yesterday, and above and below. Seems to have done the trick.

Nothing like the best tools for the jobā€¦

http://i.imgur.com/fyDq08N.jpg

I am no longer capable with anything requiring a fair amount of physical effort due to my age, but anything bench fixable will always command my attention. When I was physically capable I successfully tackled all tasks from roof to groundwork, but when decorating reared its ugly head, I soon decided to pass that lot over to trusted professionals, because being a perfectionist, paint and me to not get along nicely together :wink:

Tightening your nuts? :-p

grapevine is out

yes yesterday decided not worth keeping. The small red grapes didnā€™t taste nice anyway and not enough to press for even a glass full
So cut it down and got out the main root leaving more light into the greenhouse and small flower bed

In doing so I disturbed a paving slab cut to fit at the time (part of one cut for an angle)

this is where the vine stem was and 2x2 rotten support post in that rough grey bit

So just now cemented the red paving slab back and it looks horrible now the vine doesnā€™t hide it.

Easiest thing is a flower pot or small trough to hide it. Yes I could go get another slab and cut but canā€™t be bothered

Very firmly.