Divorcing each other

Misogynist…Quote:-
Misogyny is hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. It is a form of sexism that can keep women at a lower social status than men, thus maintaining the social roles of patriarchy. Misogyny has been widely practised for thousands of years.

You think wrong Helen…Comedian yes, misogynist no…
Quite the opposite in fact, I love women, Mrs Fox in particular, and also my daughter who unfortunately has inherited my sense of humour and curiosity. She questions everything, as I do.
By criticising some of the unique features of a female does not mean that I hate, or even dislike them. Obviously there are those women who I find annoying, in the same way that I find some blokes annoying.
As long as my shirts are ironed and the pots washed, where is the problem…
:man_shrugging:

Peeps break promises all the time.
Last week the plumber promised to arrive no later that 10am - he didn’t turn up at all that day - or the rest of the week for that matter!

3 Likes

Everyone gets one life, to live the best way they can

To waste it on an unhappy relationship or situation because of a promise you once made in different circumstances and times seems ridiculous to me

I’m an atheist, but if you believe in God how would you justify to him wasting the life he gave you?

6 Likes

You could not justify any relationship that was not 100% dedicated.

3 Likes

I think that divorce is slowly becoming a thing of the past. The reason is, sadly, that marriage is becoming a thing of the past too. So many young and not so young people are choosing to move in together or “shack up” together rather than spend the ridiculous amount of money that weddings can cost. They also realise that at some point in their future a divorce is very possible.

1 Like

When I said after 63 years I meant of marriage, not of age.

1 Like

I agree with your post except for the word “sadly”
Marriage IMO is an outdated concept which was used in bygone days to control women.
Once women became educated, emancipated and employable they did not need the shackles of marriage.

2 Likes

I think the Marriage License should be renewable every 5 years, if it’s not renewed the couple are automatically divorced, custody and maintenance of children, division of property etc. could be handled separately or agreed between the couple

4 Likes

Here’s me thinking it was so the male of the species could look after the female and procreate .

I’m a romantic and married at 19 , I was in love . Divorced him after 20 years for cruelty and unreasonable behaviour .

I went on to marry in a registry office at 41 years old several years but not for love .

Several traumas happened to me during the marriage causing severe depression and my husband as I suspected started looking elsewhere eight years later and so I divorced him ,but it was with mutual consent ,he waned out and I couldn’t bear him.
He married again shortly after ,
I have remained single .

2 Likes

Having being married and divorced twice, I’m no expert in what makes a marriage last the test of time.

First time married I was to young and it ended in divorce.

Said I’d never marry again but I did and thought it would last. Thought we were well matched, thought we loved each other. Unfortunate she had an affair and we split/divorced.

Content being single and two divorces enough for me

Some people are lucky in life and live life happily together despite the ups and downs

Others for various reasons, aren’t so lucky

Nobody said life was easy

1 Like

Yes, second marriages seem to be largely a case of unreasonable optimism triumphing over experience.

3 Likes

No, just the elastic in her briefs snapped I believe:)

1 Like

Helen…you like to label people, remember? Well here’s one for you…

misandrist

Anyone who has a powerful prejudice against men is a misandrist, a word that combines the Greek roots miso-, or “hatred,” and andros, “men.” The woman-hating equivalent, misogynist, is more widely used.

PS:- no offence intended, I like you really…

I like HelenP, I think we have bumped into each other a while ago.

1 Like

Yes Spitty, I like her too. I hope she hasn’t taken umbridge…
:wink:

Can’t see why, I haven’t openly offended anyone in a while past, have you?

I hope not Spitty, it was unintentional if I did…
:blush:

No, imagine the red tape and opportunity for fees that would create.

Sleep easy Foxy, you have no bad bones.

IMO of course

1 Like

I will never divorce you :icon_wink:

1 Like