Displaying useful information

I needed to find a way of keeping items of useful information, such as my timetable of refuse collection days, easily accessible. It’s no good my putting things like that in a drawer or cupboard, because I always forget where they are. It took me a surprisingly long time to come up with the solution that most people in the country hit upon years ago. I’m talking about sticking things on the fridge door with magnets.

Some people collect fridge magnets from the places they visit on holiday, but I never go anywhere. Others like “humorous” ones that express their personality, even when it would be better left unexpressed. They don’t seem to make fridge magnets that express my personality, and I wouldn’t want them on show if they did. Besides, I don’t like that sort of thing; it’s no better than T-shirts with slogans printed on them.

When I looked online, I was disappointed to find that nobody sells fridge magnets that are just magnets. The ones I reluctantly settled for are meant to look like little hands performing the thumbs up gesture :+1:, although you would have to study them for some time before working that out for yourself. I prefer them not to be studied at all.

What’s that you say, “they are only effing fridge magnets, for God’s sake, what’s the big deal?” But it is a big deal, and it’s not just fridge magnets. Everywhere you look they are trying to sell you “fun” items to cheer up your home. I don’t want a cheerful home, and I don’t want anyone brainwashing me into thinking things are fun. And if I were looking for fun, I would be hoping for more than a magnet that looks like an arse.

Anyway, I have to admit that my fridge magnets did do the job they were intended for, and for that reason alone I felt obliged to give them a five-star review on Amazon. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

I have at least half a dozen notepads sent to me by charities which have a piece of magnetic tape attached to the back.

Why not buy a roll of this tape (it costs peanuts - sticky on one side) and attach it to a notepad or even a clothes peg to attach notes to the fridge? I have a gigantic peg with a piece of this tape attached on my fridge, I bought from a $2 shop which I use to hold a bit of paper with the bin days for my various bins.

It is cheap enough to use once then throw away.

1 Like

You can buy little magnets on ebay too and use super glue or araldite to attach them to anything. I bought about 20 for a few dollars.

Even better be like Susan Ryan and buy yourself a whiteboard from Officeworks, I have several.

1 Like

Well that’s my Xmas shopping list sorted.

4 Likes

We should think twice before excessive use of fridge magnets, as they can polarise our dairy products, turn milk fizzy, and I can’t believe it’s not butter to marg bars.

It is a well kept secret Harbal which under merited circumstances I am prepared to share, if it improves a fellow Human Beings wellbeing.
Try a Spreadsheet, but, beware, they can become addictive and you can become a slave to them.

1 Like

My fridge is full up of magnets with things stuck under them I need a bigger fridge .

I rely on a hanging calender for my important dates and I’ve just ordered next years from my usual e-bay supplier 2022 Slim Large Print Wall Calender,3 Month Easy to View,Giant Print, PlannerDSK | eBay
I opt for the large print 3803 version.

1 Like

I don’t really want boring bits of paper with important info on them to be on display, so I use sellotape or blutak to stick them on the inside of wall cupboard doors.

On my fridge door, I usually have a couple of my granddaughter’s paintings (they get regularly changed!) and a little notepad on a magnetic backboard.

1 Like

That is what I do with my year planning calendar. It sits on the inside of a door in the laundry room that I visit daily.

1 Like

I don’t like fridge magnets, I like to be able to easily clean my fridge inside and out.

I have a very good calendar that allows for all relevant information to be logged,some is highlighted with a ‘yellow pen’ {birthdays).

I have a very good calendar

Can view it from any device anywhere, and I get email reminders.

The information I want at hand isn’t stuff that I’ve written down, it’s things like the chart the council sends me every six months with the dustbin emptying days on it, or maybe a letter for an appointment or something.

Neither do I, but I’m prepared to live with them as long as they are doing something useful.

But that is exactly what I do want. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Harbal
I have those too, they live in half a cardboard folder (for easy access name written on them in bold pen) stuck on the inside of the door of the kitchen cupboard that holds the water pipes and and cleaning products. Other cupboards are available :grinning:

In my little world, if stuff isn’t right in front of my eyes, it doesn’t exist. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Harbal If it ‘doesn’t’ exist you can obviously manage without it Harbal so stick it in a draw and don’t give it another thought image

1 Like

While I find it easy to ignore events, events never ignore me, I’m afraid. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have this for notes in the kitchen & I like the themed & pretty magnets. :grinning:

1 Like