Disc Golf

Disk Golf has not been around for that long in the UK, know of the Mendip Activity Centre has a very watered down version of Disk Golf. But good as a try out… Also has loads of other activities.

Manchester one looks good…

It has become very popular in France, obviously not on the same scale as the USA where it is a huge sport…Need to be ok with a frisbee to start off…enthusiasm of course, that is all…well I am ok with a frisbee, but long way to go, just good to take in what is around as a alternative to football and such…Netball really enjoyed that…Football just does not rock my boat at all…

1 Like

LOL - think I’ll give that one a miss, Dianne.:-D:-D

Imagine having a nice leisurely stroll through the park when suddenly some bloody garlic muncher jumps out of the bushes and hurls a frisbee at you. :shock::wink:

They are designated places. silly billy…

Imagine how we felt strolling through (the new country park now)
the fields,woods and over little streams and out from hell was a load of hunters shooting birds, shooting anything that moves…feet away at times from the public…Of course it eventually had to stop as more and more people used the area…just you saying about the frisbee scare…brought that to my thoughts… brain of an elephant:shock:

never liked it when people done it on the beach either…always goona upset somebody if a frisbie lands, at you…

I used to love playing frisbee on the beach although I was only eight. :lol:

I would have known it was you - so it would not have scared me!

Only time I care for frisbees is when dogs are catching them. That’s at least entertaining.

Danny that is fine. I would be bored to tears playing frisbee with any animal…

It is having different hobbies that make’s the world go around.

Some people like watching paint dry, actually…

that’s at least entertaining, for some also…:wink:

Calling them “Frisbee’s” is the usual response. A Disc Golf disc is a different animal all together, which is just a small portion of it all. There’s drivers, mid-range’s, and putters. All different weights, profiles, and materials and the mechanics behind it can be very hard to master. Instead of knocking it, try to understand it a little better:

Garlic muncher… lol :lol:

Another good explanation here:

[B]Disc Golf Discs vs Frisbees: What’s the Difference?[/B]

It it fairly limited in the UK still. There seems to be almost a play one at one activity centre…ok for what it is…play stuff but it is a start there at least…

The one I looked at in Manchester is far better maybe even the best you get in the UK.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=53.44629599999999%2C-2.2908100000000076&spn=0.004473%2C0.006008&z=16&iwloc=0004d3e340176b1014585&source=embed&mid=18v1LfeW1ew6v7YB_ATfPsuOACVA

Same here in France. Has been around 10 years now and a fair amount but there again very swings and roundabout…

http://discgolfaquitaine.free.fr

if you right click your mouse you should have an option for an English version…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/omkTuLww9go

http://www.quarrypark.co.uk

How you settling Plonker…:smiley:
any scars yet… :shock:

mine have healed…:wink:

do you wish a translater?

^^ Nice! I’ve met Ricky Wysocki, and I just spent some time with Philo a few weeks ago. He’s an incredibly insightful person and a monster player.

I also have a couple of friends that traveled to the UK and played a few rounds out there with some locals, and I do believe they played at Quarry. The local folks were welcomed into our club here in the US too and received the obligatory club tag.

We are all one big community working to push this sport into a bigger and brighter spotlight.

Thanks for that Dianne. Good to see/read you my friend.

I am made of scars. lol

I’m all good, and I can usually figure out what people are saying from their body language so no problem there.

Smart arse as the normal Plonker.

yes added a load of links and could have done more but it just give’s people a chance to see about it and if they have any kind of Course near to them…

Had a real different type of day, but real good…weather sent us to take a dive in a dip pool we have…oooooooooo not deep enough…joking…:wink:

got some extra cash to splash from a will…I will buy you a new golf disc with Plonker on it…:lol:

Oh? A disc? For me? lol Thats nice you got some extra.

not so much extra my sis and I had a rather nasty time…the solicitor said three years ago now…you will receive what is left after all is distributed in the will and your entitlement is the residue…well that was 3 years and had no correspondence until today…yeah we got the residue…but I have moved far from back then…I will spend it…no idea actually…but a disc with plonker you shall get…one day…and will smile for receiving it…all good, a result…

I had posted on another forum about disc golfing and had a lot of enthusiasm from that one post…just people need to know how good this sport is…the community spirit can be real special…

French have their boules game and it is quite simple to set up a boules course…just a sandy area is ok…jack and boules…a team and spectators, all eager to see who the top player is tonight…we have one near the Maries office…just waiting to play also but Covid19 has sent people to keep at home…

Nitey nite speak soon…

Indeed it can. I’ve made quite a few very close friends in the few years I’ve gotten back into it. I started in 1993 and lost interest for about a decade in the early 00’s then got back to it in 2016. So much charity and goodwill from these groups of people, it warms my heart just thinking about it. If someone needs anything, they rally together to make things right. It’s become so much more than just a game.

On another note, I hope to be able to keep playing at this pace, even in a decade or so: