Diet of the Future

How would you fancy going to dinner with friends one Sunday, but instead of a nice Roast dinner you are served with a plate of Insects, Cacti, Seaweed or even factory grown meat grown from a cell?

Interesting thought? See this:

2 Likes

I’ll pass! Thanks

2 Likes

My reaction? :point_right:SOD OFF!!!

1 Like

Yuk! Not for me thank you Mups! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Well I won’t be asking you lot round for Sunday lunch then! :laughing:

Only joking of course. I can’t imagine eating that sort of stuff myself either.
Maybe the kids of the future won’t know any different though, if they’ve grown up with it.

1 Like

I don’t mind the idea of eating seaweed and cacti, but I would pass on the insects even if I wasn’t veggie. Not really interested inthe factory grown meat either.

I suspect most of us will find insects too awful to eat, but I have tried a few strange things abroad & they have tasted ok. Prickly pears are ok, but only if somebody removes the prickles & I once ate things that looked and tasted like shrimps… but they weren’t. :open_mouth:
I am sure that many of us have eaten Mussels and they don’t look great :laughing:

Err…no ta very much :018:

… and cheese sauce for me please.

Not for me or hubby.

Well a lot of that I already eat. Seaweed, city farmed, sustainable fish, vegetable protein, quinoa, amaranth (and I sprout amaranth on the windowsill, the sprouts are really good in sandwiches and salad, especially the red ones)

I’d have a try of jellyfish, and edible packaging would be OK, A lot like rice paper really, and didn’t they used to make edible knickers? :rofl::rofl:

But I don’t fancy GM or insects, even with sugar sprinkles like in this advert that always stuck in my mind. And I’ll eat most things with sugar sprinkles :doughnut:

… :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I got this far and then started giggling…what the heck?

1 Like

Well what does it taste like and how healthy is it? is what I would need to know before I could answer that. If the answer were positive on both counts, why not? :102:

Why would anyone want edible Knickers?

:017:

2 Likes

I’m not sure!

2 Likes

So they can eat the evidence? :102:

Well, that’s edible packaging, isn’t it? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don’t follow?

Oh heck, now I’ve embarrassed myself, I promise you I’ve never had any :woozy_face::flushed:

But, erm, I sort of believe the, erm, thrill, comes from someone eating it while you are still wearing it… (runs away blushing)

Here’s some!

Edible Underwear

2 Likes