Did you have a nickname as a youth?

Well did you?
At 17 in 1960 and with my full motorcycle licence, my paternal grandfather gave his 1946 HD Knucklehead 1L twin to me. That made my mates at the time with much smaller machines give me the nickname Knucklehead. It was a great lumpy-jumper puller :wink::point_right::+1:
Now Iā€™m interested to hear about any nicknames the members in here gained and why.

my nickname was Feey and still to this day all friends i grew up with call me by that name. probably derived from my last name being Fielding my brother was known as Fee fee.

1 Like

During my early teen years the kids in my neighborhood had regular softball games during the summer. I could throw pretty well, so I was nicknamed Scorch.
Once summer Debbie Reynolds came to our town, and signed autographs. She laughed when she wrote, ā€œTo Scorch, keep on pitchingā€.

1 Like

Boo boo because I cried all the time

2 Likes

My nickname was and still is droopy drawers { don`t ask ) :open_mouth: :joy:

2 Likes

I had many nickname given by different people between the ages of about 2 & 32.

2 Likes

Yes, I did.

Yes, Tick Tock, as my surname was Tickridge.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t but would have liked one.At one time in our neighbourhood we had two boys with the surname James.They were both called Jammo,it got a bit confusing.

My nickname got stolen, well, it was the estate.

1 Like

Spitty, if it was the estate, what is it now?!?

1 Like

Gus - no idea why, no idea who/what it was based on.

2 Likes

I have that same problem with my nickname my grandmother called me, Scallywag, and I cant think of a reason why :wink::point_right::grin:

2 Likes

Yes. Thereā€™s a thread somewhere about this topicā€¦

Hi Minx, hope allā€™s well, donā€™t worry if you havenā€™t got a link and/or would rather no tell us your nickname.

Hey DooD!

Sam Fox :018:

HaHa top heavy?

the original thread

1 Like

When I started secondary school there was an arcade machine in the local chippy. I played that game to death and became pretty good at it. When you got the highest score you could add three initials and the score would be logged and flash up in the screen for everyone to see. The initials I used were ACE. The other kids all tried to beat the daily highest score but would always fail. Everybody hated the ā€œMysterious ACEā€ :joy:
After a few months I was caught putting my initials into the machine and the cat was out of the bag. Everyone now knew who ACE was and the name stuck. I felt like a celebrity :innocent: but the name only lasted about a year before I became known as ā€œMad Ralphā€ for various silly antics.
Letā€™s just say I wasnā€™t your average kid but Iā€™m much better now. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Not too much I hope.