Did we really go to the Moon?

I believe the moon landings happened too many people were involved for it to be a secret. Aren’t there telescopes big enough to look at the tracks they left and the flag …they left a flag didnt they?

2 Likes

1 Like

Enough proof for me LD…:blush:

1 Like

If its such a big deal to get to the moon nowadays, with all the technology we have to hand now…how come it was so “easy” back then? :thinking:

1 Like

Easy money back then and now we have spreadsheet fanatics.

It was political.TheUSA had to get there before the USSR.
And the USSR who lost a race it was desperate to win have never questioned it.

3 Likes

Yep,

Wasn’t Kennedy quite lavish with the cash for the space programme, certainly more so than Nixon.
When the stock of Saturn V boosters had gone that was that.

1 Like

I thought I was conversing with Harbal recently have I been hallucinating again and again and again? what did he do this time? fgs

I believe he passed the Port to his right.Tsk!

2 Likes

As he was with everything!

2 Likes

Journey into Space - Never missed an episode - now have them all on CD.

Andrew Foulds = Captain Andrew ‘Jet’ Morgan
Guy Kingsley Poynter = Doctor Daniel Matthews
Alfie Bass & David Kossof = Radio Mechanic Lemuel ‘Lemmy’ Barnett
Bruce Beeby & Don Sharp = Stephen ‘Mitch’ Mitchell

Journey_Into_Space_cast

2 Likes

Nor me, I have a few episodes I have downloaded but not all of them

Do you have a favourite series?

All of them!

who actally cares if man went to the moon or not? I don’t. Now if your talking about going to the pub that is another matter entirely

1 Like

:grinning: I think mine would be The Red Planet.

The Clangers care!

1 Like

I do, it was very important for my employment, I watched it “live” at the PO Tower and had to turn off some equipment during the Apollo 13 return

That was a good one. Rather liked the idea of the beds in ‘Operation Luna’ - they were soft and comfy when you needed sleep - then changed to hard to wake you up!

Return from Mars was fun - Jet Morgan in love - who’d have thought it!

‘World in Peril’ was a bit weak.

‘They’ tried to revive it in 2008 with ‘Frozen in Time’ and again in 2009 with ‘The Host’ - obviously the cast was completely different - were they broadcast over there? They were rubbish really - but I still have them on CD - just to complete the set!

1 Like

When we were in Florida back in May myself and the eldest went to the Kennedy space centre the scale of the rockets to get them into space was something else and just a tiny capsule to live in , in comparison.

1 Like