Dental Hygenist

You think you have problems, I never had any to start with… :crazy_face:

Mine is an Oral B, too. Had it for several years now.

Boots have a good selection, but as you say, they are a lot more than £20 unfortunately.

Susan, there is usually a little adaptor thingy in the box and you can plug it in any 3 pin plug.
I haven’t got a bathroom socket, so stick it in a bedroom socket to charge for a few hours every so often.

1 Like

Marge has an Oral B electric toothbrush which she seems to remember cost about £20 or so.

Who in their right mind would buy one of these?: Oral-B Special Edition iO - 8 - Electric Toothbrush White - Boots

Anybody that is stupid enough to think they do a better job of cleaning their teeth! :rofl:

Lets be honest, when some gadget becomes more popular , manufacturers make them slightly different & try to con us into believing they do a much better job … and the price shoots up.

2 Likes

We went to our hygienist a couple of weeks ago. She charged us £36 each.

Whereabouts are you Percy ?

Err . . . Simon Cowell? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Blimey Percy, I’m coming to your dentist next time. :grinning:

1 Like

Me too if I know where she is ! :slight_smile:

Can you pick me up as you go past, Muddy? I’ll share the petrol. :smiley:

Mea culpa peeps. I looked at the wrong credit card receipts. The £36/ea was for our dental check up (private dentist). The hygienist charged us £65/ea.

Oh shucks :frowning:

:roll_eyes: What are we going to do with yer, Percy!
I might as well stay where I am a bit longer then. :smiley:

Hi Muddy,

You can’t even get NHS Dentist around here you have to go Private, my Husband went to the Dentist about 3 weeks ago for a Check up and Hygienist and ended up giving them £230.00.

I remember when we were young the NHS Dentist used to give you a check up and scale your teeth all in one go.

Gosh…did he know this before he went? I was just thinking, what if they said this after the treatment and you couldn’t afford it?!

I really don’t know how people do afford it .
Not everyone has the means and poor teeth is a sure sign of poverty in first world countries .

1 Like

I think it’s the same everywhere now, Susie. It’s a disgrace what they are charging.

I asked the receptionist at my dentist recently, why no one wants NHS patients lately. She told me it is because the NHS used to pay the dentist back for their NHS patients, but they won’t pay now, so the practice doesn’t get reimbursed any more.
I’ve no idea if that is true, and if it is, why did the NHS stop paying dentists I wonder?

Ooh look, I just found this:

" Why is dentistry not covered by NHS?

Dentists attribute closures and service changes to problems with recruitment and increased running costs. They say the money they receive from the NHS, and the contract requirements (including financial penalties), make it impossible to provide dental provision in a financially viable way."

1 Like

I’ve used a phillips sonicare for 20 years and the dentist always comments on my good hygiene. You have to use the gum care brush heads though. The whitening ones are a waste of money.

1 Like

I found oral B too harsh on enamel but zero effect on the gums. They made my teeth sensitive. Yes I should have followed the instructions with a stop watch.

But doesn’t your way make a change of noise when it’s time to move to a different area, Annie?